Thats wrong with them

maralpz2006

Crowing
16 Years
Apr 21, 2007
mississippi
i have 2 3 months old boy and a girl, 2 days ago i noticed the boy cant walk right even when he is standing up he cant do it, now he cant walk at all, ans i notices today the girl is doing the same thing, whats the name of this illness

Do you have other chickens with them, and are they doing alright? How hot has it been there? Could they be dehydrated or could they have gotten into something poisonous or moldy? Can you check their feed for mold or a bad odor? Any lead shot or paint in the area they range?

Mareks disease is something that can cause imbalance and lameness in one or both legs or wings. It can happen as early as 3 minths, but it seldom would strike 2 chicks a day apart. Other things to think about would be eating dead animal or fish remains. You will need to keep them isolated from the others, and very close to their food and water. It would not hurt to start some chick or human vitamins with BComplex or riboflavin in case of a deficiency. Pictures or videos posted to YouTube may be helpful.

Yes its been cool here not very hot, i chance water sometimes every day or every other Day when i see is dirty , food i feed them with thing , they are in a small chicken coop, but now i let free range for a couples hours , i took a video but dont let me post it

Back
Top Bottom