The 21 day wait

Looks amazing! Where did you get your Orpingtons from?
I ordered the eggs from meyer hatchery back around the first of December. I ordered 24 they sent 26. 3 were damaged in shipping out of the 23 left 16 made it to lockdown. This one hatched and 4 are pipped. I'd be grateful for 4 or 5 birds anything over that would be a bonus.

I had a total of 4 hatch yesterday just checked and there's 4 more in there and two more eggs pipped. Pretty happy daddy this morning lol.

So this adventure started back in December with ordering. Started with 23 lavender eggs in the bator 16 made it to lockdown and today other than one late straggler thats gonna hatch either this evening or tomorrow 14 total lavenders hatched. I was really happy with the first 4 and told my wife that's not bad for mailed eggs but getting 14 from a total of 26 shipped is pretty awesome in my eyes. I'm not new to hatching but do ask for yalls advice on here when I'm stumped and always get the best help. So with yalls help I was able to exceed my own expectations. Thank yall!!!
20210321_105826.jpg
20210321_105816.jpg
20210321_105844.jpg

Also the little black one came out of a lavender egg I dunno who bred what or how that happend but somehow it ended up that color. I looked at some pictures on what colors come from daddys and mama lavenders so its possible to get a black. Maybe need to start a thread on that see if someone has a answer.

Back
Top Bottom