The 3 little chicks

Just regular chick crumb. It's the same brand I've used to raise all my chicks (but obviously a new bag).

She hatched on Monday the 30th of May
That’s interesting. She’s way behind on size (and I don’t just mean she’s a bantam - Oreo is clearly a bantam cross too.) She’s also really behind on feathering.
Hopefully she catches up eventually.

That’s interesting. She’s way behind on size (and I don’t just mean she’s a bantam - Oreo is clearly a bantam cross too.) She’s also really behind on feathering.
Hopefully she catches up eventually.
That's strange, I'd expect that in Oreo since he was from a 'worse' source than Goose.
Goose is from the better place

That's strange, I'd expect that in Oreo since he was from a 'worse' source than Goose.
Goose is from the better place
But Oreo has also had good food and care now. So has Goose. So while Oreo is growing good and well, Goose is for some reason…not.

It may be genetic. There are many reasons for Failure to Thrive. Sometimes Failure to Thrive winds up killing the chick and sometimes the chick eventually catches up. I’m not sure what’s going on with Goose, but hopefully she catches up on growth.

I definitely believe she’s stunted, however. An age difference of a few days would be nearly imperceptible in most cases - you can’t look at this picture and think they look almost the same age.
6C94D76E-51BF-4A3C-B28C-43055FA7043A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom