The 4th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may not be online much tomorrow. We've been working on getting everything ready to go fishing tomorrow and I'm exhausted from all the running around I've done. I'm going to sleep good tonight!

I am setting shipped eggs from two sources (Thank you, PapaBrooder and Arielle!) a bit later today. . Everything was all set up and ready when I suddenly remembered I had not changed the strip of "humidity paper" in the Brinsea. Gah! I couldn't find where i had stored the new sheet to cut a fresh strip....

Then I realized I was starving. Kinda hypoglycemic, I guess, because my hands started to shake and I got all fumbly and stupid. Had to eat a real meal, not just stuff a banana into my mouth.

I had 25 eggs to set and was trying to figure how to stack one so it wouldn't tumble as the Brinsea Octagon20 Advance EX rotated to its furthest directions each side in the turning cradle. Managed to crack it when I set something down on it while considering the problem. And realized I was starving. Solved the "extra" egg problem for me, though... :(

I am setting Speckled Sussex, BBS Orpington and Lemon Cuckoo Orpington eggs. YES! <I>Lemon Cuckoo!</I>. I specifically ordered the Speckled Sussex and "some Orps of your choice" from PapaBrooder and that's what I got!

Last edited:
Check with TheBirdGuy on that!
I went down to set and diligently noted each group as I worked a carton.

11 Blue Wheaton Ams
12 Konzas
12 Icelandics
14 FBCM
7 Cochins
1 d'Uccle
2 Chocolate Orpingtons
8 Maranorps ;p
14 Isabel Orps
9 Chocolate project
3 Chante
13 Auratas
5 SoAms
7 Chocolate Ameraucanas
7 turkeys
5 Lemon Cuckoo English Orps

i'llcheckagainlaterwhenI'mnotnervousaboutitgettingdark.
I did the extact same thing. They're all in order by breed or project and I was still wrong!

Renee I wanted to ask you your opinion on a bator a friend is looking at. When you get time would you let me know?

I ended up only setting 24 Serama eggs...14 which were shipped eggs and 10 of my own from my two oldest pullets. Sending great hatching energy to everyone!!

good luck everyone! I am enjoying all the pics and stories.... this will be my first time hatching... and am very excited!
wee.gif

hide.gif
ummmmm I miscounted. I'm tired, what can I say.

I set 141 eggs not 151. Sorry, but Renee was having a hard time , so when I couldn't get her eggs counted right I decied I better check my own..

I count 143..6 that are 12's, 3 that are 18's, then the rest I counted alone. :D

Here goes nothing! I'm a first timer, so hoping for the best! I am setting a total of 25 eggs.
6 Marans
4 Wheaten Ameracaunas
4 Olive Eggers
and 11 California White crossed with Rhode Island Reds, Barred Rocks, and Golden Sex Link.

And based on my mathematical calculations... I'm guessing 6,743 total eggs will be set.

Hi ace! Good luck!
frow.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom