The 7 Questions That Granted Me Entrance To BYC

Wildcat Mountain Eggs

In the Brooder
Feb 3, 2023
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I am new to chickens, so new I won't have my first flock of chicks until near the end of this month.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now? Zero. Note: I created the image on my profile and the name, if your interested in the details let know.
(3) What breeds do you have? TBD thinking Rhonde Island, Plymouth Rock, Ameraucana, and Orpington. The rest I am not sure just want good layers and variety of colors.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? This too is TBD, what has made me want to? wanting slowly have a small homestead with our own eggs, veggies, fruits, and beef.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I coach high school football, so impacting future generations both at work as a HS Advisor and Coach.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I am married to my best friend of 23 years, she truly completes me. We have two adult kids, oldest is getting married this summer and youngest is in the hiring process to be professional fire fighter. We currently have two fir babies Dallas is 12 year old Golden Retriever and a house cat Stella (looks like a steelhead) who is coming up on her one year birthday.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? Google searched how high to make my coop and a forum came up. I knew right then I needed to join the "Backyard Chicken Community."

Back
Top Bottom