The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

No WAY!! its nate!!!! :frow

Hello it's nice to see you joined back in on the fun!! If you need anything for this year I would gladly help... I might donate 6 highly quality black austrolorp eggs, but I am just waiting for them to start laying. I also have WAY to much room, I could hold another 100 layers, just not at the moment... Lol I am SOOO ready for chicken math to kick into high gear...
1f413.png
1f389.png
1f6a8.png
1f62c.png
2705.png

@Sally Sunshine

Hi back at you, My Gal Sal.

Hoping to get some of those green eggs from the mottled EE near me for this hatch a long.

Last edited:
I am in! This will be my first HAL. I am new to chickens as of last year, and the math has already grabbed ahold of me!

Hubby decided to just go big for Christmas, for my first incubator, he got me the GQF Sportsman 1502 (feeding my insanity). It arrived on the 13th of January. I set 18 mixed backyard chicken eggs and 2 runner duck eggs on the 16th. For the next stagger I set 19 Serama on the 20th. I just bid on 8++ silkie/showgirl eggs on Ebay. I have 12 live chicks arriving on the 28th. In addition to the 4 hatched two weeks ago by a friend, and the 16 babies shipped to me in the month of December. After all this he asked me where I am going to put all these babies.. Ha Ha Good thing he just built me a new 2nd coop that is 16 X 12! We will be very busy building additional pens for the small breeds so they don't have to fight with the BIG ones. Feeling grateful we have 5 acres and good neighbors that are not too close!

Guess I better figure out what I want to put in for this??? I might need some local eggs to assure a better hatch rate.
Anyone in the North Idaho/Washington/Montana that have purebred eggs I can get by then?

I'd love to hatch some chicks for Easter. I'll need one of my girls to go broody though and I don't think thats likely. I only have 3 girls -pullets. 1 laid me a few eggs end of last year, went broody in December and hatched me some chicks yesterday. It'll probably be too soon for her to be broody again. The other 2 are total freeloaders who have never laid anything and think their sister does somr crazy stuff with the whole egg laying chick hatching thing. So I'll be hoping on one of them, so not much hope there :-(

Back
Top Bottom