The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Happy Chooks, Jan 20, 2016.

1. LocalYokel

LocalYokel Overrun With Chickens

Es ok. [​IMG]

2. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    Thank You!

3. Penny Hen

Penny Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2013
    Goodlettsville, TN
    Yeah few things are more distressing than doing and eggtopsy only to find that the chick is alive but have it die in your hands.

4. LocalYokel

[​IMG]

5. TJordan

TJordan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2014
    Lower Alabama
    Ok. A total of 12 so far. 1 dead in shell. That makes 13/30 accounted for. Another 17 to go. Here's hoping I have at least another 10 or so out of it. Temp got crazy for a few today while I was out. No idea how long or bad.

6. NotAFarm

NotAFarm Embracing the New! Premium Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois
    Yes, I did about three and a half years ago. I had 10 and had them under the Ecoglow 20. They did great. It was in July and they feathered quickly. I kept a small cardboard box in their crate after I removed the plate-one small side cut completely off and one half of the long side of the box cut out. They liked to get in the box whenever anyone came up to the crate....I think they felt safe in there....don't know if that had anything to do with the brooder plate or not. I don't have any pictures....except this one on my granddaughter looking at them after they moved outside. You can see the cardboard box in the lower left but it doesn't show the openings.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. nate1the1great1

nate1the1great1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2014
    Colorado
    Ugh I don't think I will have anything to hatch for the hatch along... I will try, but I don't know if it will happen. The Icelandic chickens aren't laying so she won't be able to send me some til Atleast e me of March, and the only thing I will have are showgirls, which isn't bad, but not everything I wanted... Sadly..

8. Penny Hen

Penny Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2013
    Goodlettsville, TN
    So I got a wonderful surprise today when I checked on the BSPW and the Sapphire. Tizzy the Sapphire laid her first egg! If fertile that means it is the BSPW roo. Soooo I think it is just going to fall into the bator.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    Nice egg! Congrats!

Whats a BSPW? [​IMG]

10. LocalYokel

So Sorry Nate [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by