The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Happy Chooks, Jan 20, 2016.

1. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Really, that would be great, you could take of the ducks and I could sleep in. How do you feel about taking care of a few Jersey calves? [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    Welcome to the hatch a long. You have been added to the list.

3. Lozuufy

Lozuufy Pigeons are nutty Premium Member

May 20, 2012
    MA/VT
    [​IMG]
    The bantams I've had were mixes that some people didn't want anymore so they gave them to us (we had no idea how often bantams went broody compared to our layer chickens), they gave us 5 and in 3 years we had about 50 bantams [​IMG] They nested in our barn and were pretty much wild, except for a few that I incubated and were super sweet. So I am never again getting bantams and letting them free range, it's insane how fast they can multiply [​IMG] They will have their own enclosure, we just got 20 acres up in VT so will be moving there and I'll build all my different types of birds coops with runs attached.

[​IMG]

This is an old pic (probably from 2008) of our Buff Orp and OEGB snuggling... I miss having 80 chickens [​IMG]

4. generaldsherman

generaldsherman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2015
    Idaho
    Someone has a morbid sense of humor and WAY too much extra time....

5. nate1the1great1

nate1the1great1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2014
    Colorado

6. Lozuufy

May 20, 2012
    MA/VT
    Oh no! That's too bad [​IMG], he's very handsome.

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    wonderful Thank you! so cute!![​IMG]
    What an adorable picture!!

8. Peep-Chicken

Peep-Chicken Overrun With Chickens

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    1 person likes this.
  9. Lozuufy

May 20, 2012
    MA/VT
  10. NTBugtraq

NTBugtraq ex-Surgeon General

Well, 89 into lockdown today, my first hatch with this Ova Easy 100. I am very disappointed with candling, so now I just look for obvious clears and leave it at that. That fact does, however, allow me to imagine a 93% fertility rate...;-] (I've been averaging ~75% until now)

Another problem with not culling too many is that now I cannot fit all the eggs onto the trays laying down, I've had to put a couple into holes they don't quite fit in...;-[ I think I will load laying down next time...but then there's no way it will hold more than 84.

My weight loss at the beginning of day 19 is spot on (well, I should have lost 2 grams more out of the over 6Kg I started with). Its amazing the control you have with this bator and Brinsea's humidity pump.

Now all I have to do is keep them alive until my Premier 1 heat panels arrive in the next few days.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by