The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Nate! You are amazing! I remember you from last yr. You have grown in so many ways. You haven't changed in one way though..you...love...your...animals!
thumbsup.gif
You are doing so well with them. Not only in the keeping them safe, and then taking care of the sick, but you are showing? Looks like you are doing well. And, you are leaning so much about different breeds. I love your S. geese! Beautiful. All of your birds look so nice. I'm always glad to see when animals are being treated well. Good job buddy!
highfive.gif

I agree! I'm so glad she's okay!

When I see a hawk around I have to sit with my chickens for a couple hours just to make sure it doesn't get any ideas. When I lost Galadriel to a hawk I named it Stew and said if it ever came back I'd turn it into a stew.
smile.png
Needless to say, I didn't loose any chickens after that (not that he didn't think about it).

Ohhhhhhhh Sally I forgot all bout my favorite birds from this year.... A pair of call ducks, a pair of Sebbie geese, my Swedish duck that I won shows with, a red Cochin bantam frizzle, and the story of the hawk attack surviving silkie...Plus my austrolorps to show and breed... That I donated eggs from.. MORE PICS!!!! There is before and after pics of the silkie, and she was barely alive when I found her after 5 minutes of being outside, and I ran to turn off the water... I hawk came down and attacked her and scalped her, but luckily the Sebbie geese got it off and scared it away... I brought her in and cleaned it up and put some stuff on it,a don packed it... I took it off later and kept it off, and she lived off of Gatorade drank through a syringe.... She was in for about 2 months in my room with twizzler in the box next to her to keep her company... So I took her out now that it is pretty healed up, with only feathers needing to grow back in on the wound... Now she is living outside with Blue the silkie roo!! And twizzler... Well.., she hates other birds, and they hate her.., so she is a bedroom chicken.,, :p

Nate, you truly are
1f44d.png
GREAT! Great story and pictures. You
1f3b8.png
Rock!

Nate!  You are amazing!  I remember you from last yr.  You have grown in so many ways.  You haven't changed in one way though..you...love...your...animals!  :thumbsup    You are doing so well with them.  Not only in the keeping them safe, and then taking care of the sick, but you are showing?   Looks like you are doing well.  And, you are leaning so much about different breeds.    I love your  S. geese!   Beautiful.   All of your birds look so nice.  I'm always glad to see when animals are being treated well.  Good job buddy!  :highfive:

When I see a hawk around I have to sit with my chickens for a couple hours just to make sure it doesn't get any ideas. When I lost Galadriel to a hawk I named it Stew and said if it ever came back I'd turn it into a stew. :) Needless to say, I didn't loose any chickens after that (not that he didn't think about it).

Nate, you truly are
1f44d.png
GREAT! Great story and pictures. You
1f3b8.png
Rock!

Thank you all
1f633.png
1f413.png
1f44d-1f3fb.png
it's nice to hear that from someone...
1f648.png
1f44c-1f3fb.png

When I see a hawk around I have to sit with my chickens for a couple hours just to make sure it doesn't get any ideas. When I lost Galadriel to a hawk I named it Stew and said if it ever came back I'd turn it into a stew.
smile.png
Needless to say, I didn't loose any chickens after that (not that he didn't think about it).
thumbsup.gif
So many of us here, probably majority..love our chickens like the pets they are to us. :)

So on my Instagram there is this lady, and she is sort of on on here... She had gotten three rheas 1 male and 2 female, but sadly the male and the one female died, so now she has Lillian and she is fully grown and lives with all the ducks, geese, goats,and turkeys! I have been purposely showing my mom her pics, becuase I have always been interested in them, and I was like "they are not that big, not like a ostrich" they didn't believe me until they saw the size comparison next to a mini Pygmy goat and she wasn't more than 4 ft. Tall and 2ft wide.... So I am talking them into it, 1 step at a time........
wink.png
big_smile.png
lau.gif
cool.png
Good plan, with parents you gotta introduce the idea of a new animal nice and slow
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom