The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

I only had 12/30 hatch.
1f62d.png
but my temp went crazy at the end. Jumped up way high. I think that is what killed them.

Aww that's terrible....
hugs.gif

If candle is correct, I think 0/15 will hatch... There is still hope though, it might be wrong!
big_smile.png

My new decorations
sweet!!!!
love.gif

Ok I have 1 egg going to lockdown in the am. Im worried the air cell may be a bit small. O have had the egg laying on its side the entire time, but wonder if I should stand it air cell up for hatching?
fl.gif
fl.gif
either way
see here
MARKING AIR CELLS DAY 18, DRAW DOWN, INTERNAL PIP, EXTERNAL PIP, and ZIPPING post #35770
Pips and ZIPS ARE NOT THE SAME PATIENCE is a MUST!

Quote:
yesss.gif
lau.gif

Well my 6 "test hatch" just went into lock down. They all seem to have progressed wonderfully. I am really impressed with my LG incubator. Also the 3 eggs i rescued from a young broody are progressing nicely also. My problem is i don't know when lock down should be. A couple of them seem to be very close in development to my others and one seems to be slightly behind. I took the turner out and laid them all down, separating the 3 unknowns. I will do normal lock down procedure and when my originals hatch i think i will back the humidity down to about 45-50 and hope for the best. I have those 3 close to the side of the bator so i can just stick my finger in and turn them a bit if i feel the need. Don't like this, not knowing when they should hatch, stuff but will deal with it the best i know how. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to throw your $0.02 in.
fl.gif
good luck!!!!

Who is going to hatch Muscovies? Anyone?
caf.gif
Only a few days until set day for these!!

I had some in 2011 but gave them up since I didn't want to keep separate areas and they made quite the mess in my chicken coop. If I moved to somewhere that had the right kind of set-up, I'd get them again. They are cool to look at and quiet. Great mommas, too!!

I am trying to get some!!

Well my Cabinetbator is warming up. I have the STC-1000 thermostat installed with the heating running to the two 120V lightbulbs and the cooling running a microwave fan. I moved it back into the framed out part of the basement for more stable room temperature. It was keeping the temp stable in the front part of the garage but it had to keep turning on the lights to do it every 45 seconds (it was 40˚F). It is eight degrees higher in the inner basement and I added a little more exterior insulation. I have ordered one of the fog fountain mist gadgets and it should get here Wed or Thurs. Last hatch I did in this bator I couldn't get the humidity higher than 45% and then in 10 minutes it would drop to 16%. I had to help some of the little quail get out and some I am sure I lost because I couldn't get the humidity up. I have a new hygrometer coming too. The old one was dead and a new battery didn't revive it. I got two of the aquarium thermometers like Nate the Great suggested.

I got 15 silver quail eggs Monday and they have been sitting for over 24hrs. I have started to turn them along with the 4 eggs I have from my Olive Eggers and my Sapphire.

For those of you who hatch quail what is the best humidity for them during lockdown and before?
55 during 70-75 lockdown

So put 15 eggs in the incubator 21 days ago. Fourteen chicks out and a late bloomer hatching now. 100% hatch rate can't complain.
awesome!!! CONGRATS!!!

Quote:
ya.gif

I will be setting some Orpington eggs this time. Please count me in.
yesss.gif
welcome!!!

morning!!
hugs.gif

Tried to get a flapper pic and all he wanted to do was sing the song of his people to me...... Love my Big Red

love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Then there was the little silkie roo who wanted to pose for me and show me his good side.......

Or was it this side that was the good side, he is such a diva he loves to have his picture taken.

Still gotta try again for the flapper pic
Why can't they just cooperate with me I have asked them very nice and even offered extra treats.
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom