The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

I had the same experience recently. I bought Silkie/Showgirl eggs off Ebay. They arrived in beautiful condition. I had 11/19 clears on day 7. Out of the remainder I only hatched 2 one Silkie and one SG. I emailed the seller just to inform them for their records, not asking for anything. She said their were issues with that rooster and today shipped me more eggs! I totally was not expecting anything. I hope these turn out better.

I am super jealous of the Tolbunt Polish eggs!

Fingers crossed you have better results with the new eggs she has shipped to you :fl Its nice to hear that people are being honest about any issues they may be having with fertility problems and are putting them right. It's nice to read of more honest people.

These Tolbunt sure have taken some finding. I'm hoping to have a good hatch with them :D I have waited a long time for them :pop
Are there not any you could order?

Wow you guys got a bit ahead of me today. Okay so as far as everyone's losses I am so terribly sorry to hear about them and I hope things start to look up. As for Sally yes you're awesome and I think it's safe to say that everyone here loves you and is grateful for all of your help.

I'm sad for everyone's losses and stress. We've lost more of our eggs than I was expecting too I believe at this point the incubator is down to 40 give or take I know that I should know but I'm still giving a couple the benefit of the doubt.

We have 4 eggs under Lovey due the Saturday before Easter... Wait that might be five eggs.
We have 4 eggs under Mary Anne due the Monday after Easter.
We have 6 eggs under Ginger due I think that Wednesday.
And yesterday we set one of our buff orps with 11 eggs, but some of these were refridgerated.

3 of the 7 eggs are developing.
A dog came in my back yard and killed all my bantam that I had free ranging including my broody Serama. I was able to save her eggs angle out them in the incubator.
1f625.png

Oh no! Sorry to hear about this!

Fingers crossed you have better results with the new eggs she has shipped to you :fl Its nice to hear that people are being honest about any issues they may be having with fertility problems and are putting them right. It's nice to read of more honest people.

These Tolbunt sure have taken some finding. I'm hoping to have a good hatch with them :D I have waited a long time for them :pop
Are there not any you could order?

Yes it is nice to hear about honest people! And be on the recieving end of the kindness.
I am sure I could find some eggs, but I will be completely over run with chicks when the Easter hatch and the replacement eggs gets done. I have been hatching steadily for a over a month now. Maybe later in the year after I sort out who I am keeping and selling. Oh and get all the new pens built! Lol

:hugs yer so nice Cynth! love you tons!! and everyone helps everyone here! Its an awesome place to be! :thumbsup Oh No Raz!!!! you better be careful with him with the kidyo! you know what I would do t How is your Tongue now! I pray you took that pain out on him a bit! o him!! I am so sorry!! oh no T I am so sorry about your Dad!! well and the bantam too! How is he feeling now? :hugs :clap GO JESS GO!!! :weee oh no!!! :fl
He can't stand, can't swallow, has lost control of his bodily functions multiple times and not know it until my mom changes him, can't speak right half the time, sowing all signs of a stroke but the 'dr' says all tests were clean. Then he told us to get my dad Medicaid or insurance and then surgery for his back... WHAT THE!!???? He just said there was nothing wrong then he tells us my dad should have back surgery!!!??? Then he sends him home saying he's done all required for 'this' patient. Basically no insurance or cash... He doesn't care.

Last edited:
Wow you guys got a bit ahead of me today. Okay so as far as everyone's losses I am so terribly sorry to hear about them and I hope things start to look up. As for Sally yes you're awesome and I think it's safe to say that everyone here loves you and is grateful for all of your help.

I'm sad for everyone's losses and stress. We've lost more of our eggs than I was expecting too I believe at this point the incubator is down to 40 give or take I know that I should know but I'm still giving a couple the benefit of the doubt.

We have 4 eggs under Lovey due the Saturday before Easter... Wait that might be five eggs.
We have 4 eggs under Mary Anne due the Monday after Easter.
We have 6 eggs under Ginger due I think that Wednesday.
And yesterday we set one of our buff orps with 11 eggs, but some of these were refridgerated.
hugs.gif
Alissa your so sweet as usual!! Oh I cant wait to see all these broodies with their babies!!!!
ya.gif

He can't stand, can't swallow, has lost control of his bodily functions multiple times and not know it until my mom changes him, can't speak right half the time, sowing all signs of a stroke but the 'dr' says all tests were clean. Then he told us to get my dad Medicaid or insurance and then surgery for his back... WHAT THE!!???? He just said there was nothing wrong then he tells us my dad should have back surgery!!!??? Then he sends him home saying he's done all required for 'this' patient.

Basically no insurance or cash... He doesn't care.
It is possible for that stuff to happen if a disk bulges into the Spinal nerves--It is considered an emergency though so if you went to the Hospital emergency, they should have had him in for surgery from the on call orthopedic doc.

Take him back or to a different hospital. That one messed you over!

I think I have a fertility issue. I set 19 white eggs, only 6 of those are fertile. I set 15 brown eggs and 5 green eggs but I can't see inside them very well. Should I be worried? Maybe it's just early and fertility will pick up?

I think I have a fertility issue. I set 19 white eggs, only 6 of those are fertile. I set 15 brown eggs and 5 green eggs but I can't see inside them very well. Should I be worried? Maybe it's just early and fertility will pick up?
do you have more than one rooster with your hens?
If you have only one, he is fertile since some eggs are developing. If you have more than one rooster, you may have one infertile, and he may be the dominate one, which would explain the lower fertility, as the less dominant male would breed only when he was being sneaky behind the dominant males back.

If the hens are all young and just coming into laying age, that could be a culprit too.

He can't stand, can't swallow, has lost control of his bodily functions multiple times and not know it until my mom changes him, can't speak right half the time, sowing all signs of a stroke but the 'dr' says all tests were clean. Then he told us to get my dad Medicaid or insurance and then surgery for his back... WHAT THE!!???? He just said there was nothing wrong then he tells us my dad should have back surgery!!!??? Then he sends him home saying he's done all required for 'this' patient.

Basically no insurance or cash... He doesn't care.

I say, time for a new doc!

How old is he?

And, if there is something going on in the neck, or brain..he needs to see a neurosurgeon! Don't want any other type of dr. messing with the spinal cord area, or the brain. Nope. Been there done that. Had nerve damage around my spine in the neck..had the surgery on my neck yrs. ago. Thank goodness all went well.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom