The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

So excited for Saturday!
jumpy.gif

However all of the eggs quit wiggling.
hu.gif
They used to wiggle and wobble every few minutes, but now only one has moved in the past hour (Yes, i've been watching eggs for the past hour, I'm a loser
gig.gif
)! Should I be concerned? Do they go though a "rest period"? I've hatched before but I don't remember the eggs "resting"...
idunno.gif

So excited for Saturday! :jumpy

However all of the eggs quit wiggling. :confused:  They used to wiggle and wobble every few minutes, but now only one has moved in the past hour (Yes, i've been watching eggs for the past hour, I'm a loser :gig )! Should I be concerned? Do they go though a "rest period"? I've hatched before but I don't remember the eggs "resting"... :idunno

I have been watching mine since 5:30 this morning! :oops:

Congrats to all. With the new baby chicks.

Just put my welsummer eggs on lockdown got set late.

Saw good movement in 2 of them. But they are so dark it's hard to see.

I placed 7 into the hatching bator.

A little off topic but my secondary EE roo was found dead:( No sign of injury or illness. I'm down to one EE roo for 15 hens, as my CL roo has his own pen now. He was the only bird I had from my moms flock:(

So.. I want to see if any of the chicks that hatch for this HAL might be his. He was black barred with tons of red & gold leakage, full on beard / fluffy face. The kids called him the pretty one, so much flashier than the rest of our chickens. Is barring dominant? Can barring be identified at hatch? I think the barring would be the 1st clue if he fathered any. Any tips on identifying any of his chicks? Thanks
Sorry about your roo
hugs.gif

If he was "double barred" then all his babies should be barred, if he was "single barred" then half his babies should be barred. Barring is sex-linked dominant I think.
th.gif
Now I started talking genetics... gonna stop here before I get into too much detail and bore you lol

Full moon last night....
hu.gif

I was thinking that too... or else the chicks just can sense that we want them to hatch sooner lol

Sorry about your roo :hugs
If he was "double barred" then all his babies should be barred, if he was "single barred" then half his babies should be barred. Barring is sex-linked dominant I think.:th Now I started talking genetics... gonna stop here before I get into too much detail and bore you lol

I was thinking that too... or else the chicks just can sense that we want them to hatch sooner lol

Since when do chicks do what humans want? I thought it was the opposite..... :gig

Had an early hatcher today - mutt chick under the broody when I got home tonight, two more pipped. I candled all 6 of those last night and all looked good. Set the same day as the incubator ones, but not surprised if the incubator ones are delayed due to the issues it had early on.

Back
Top Bottom