The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Just checking in.. It is moving so fast I cannot keep up. Have three turkeys hatched (not due until tomorrow) Chicks are beginning to pip. 1 hatched. Due tomorrow .
Back to work.
PS I'll be so far behind `by this evening LOL
congratulations to all that have hatched......
PSS 3 more turkey pips

Hooray for turkey polts!
woot.gif

t6311.gif
[COLOR=0000CD] One day until hatching!![/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000CD]...or maybe I'm the only one still waiting for pips and chicks......[/COLOR]:/

Still waiting with you, my friend! :thumbsup

Nothing here yet either, though there might have been some noise earlier... my broody Call duck was squeaking at the hatcher door... :gig

First chick has hatched! Surprising how quickly one little chick can make a mess of a well organized incubator.

8 others have pipped, leaving 4 yet to join the party.

So many chirps around the house it's crazy. I have another egg that pipped. So might get 8 barnyard mixes. Usually I leave the little ones in the house for 24 to 48 hours. But I'm thinking a week or two for the Orust lol before they go to the outside brooder.

I have a chick that is hatching and airbrushed it and tried to help. Now I don't think she can unzip. This is literally my second egg hatching. Ps I have a new chick so excited hatched yesterday. But should I put a wet cloth over th e pipped area or just leave the wet cloths beside her.

Ok, I feel better. Heard cheeping from the incubator.
@Eps32good luck with your fancy little chicks. I just transfered my three
2+ weeks outside, but I didn't have an extra heat bulb for the outside brooder until yesterday.

Last edited:
Ok, I feel better. Heard cheeping from the incubator.
@Eps32good luck with your fancy little chicks. I just transfered my three
2+ weeks outside, but I didn't have an extra heat bulb for the outside brooder until yesterday.
Thanks these are the most expensive chicks well eggs I ever bought. Good luck with your hatch I hope all your little ones hatch.

Been so busy with the field trip but I can't help but wonder about my babies. Are they hatching more yet? Will I find an incubator full of cute fluff butts? Will 3rd graders ever learn to sit steel?!!!! Well I have to wait to answer all but the last one. That ones easy.... Nope!!!
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

Here is a group shot. No fancy photos right now. They make a mess...fast! I have 14 that hatched for the HAL. Not sure one will make it..still in the bator with another..a JG. This little one had wry neck yesterday. Gave it Poly V. every two to three hrs...and it is fine today! You can see it's messy face. :) Here is a paint SG that I hatched for a friend. It has two little dots on the head too. A big Bubba of a Jersey Giant also for a friend.
Aww..love those chocolate fluffy faces!! I have 4 hatched so far, 3 my own EE & 1 black Orpington bantum that was given to me. Many pips! I'm surprised my EEs are all very light this time, cream colored & stripey.

Back
Top Bottom