The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

hide.gif

ep.gif
droolin.gif

MUST RESIST.... A.... BIT.... LONGER ....... NOOOOOOOOOOO......
hide.gif

thumbsup.gif

Wanna see a duckie pic?

Finally this morning the last two are out! What a sticky chick hatch this was. My nerves couldn't take another long drawn out minute. Considering we made it through the power outage and running the incubator to the first house we found with power. Low humidity and fluctuating humidity with my ancient hovabator bator that makes it impossible to add water. We had pretty good hatch ratio after all that! Whew...final count @mlm Mike
9 out of 12 Ayams
3 out of 3 Lavender Orps

Total is 12/15

Ta Da!!!!!
[/URL]
Congratulations!

@ mlm Mike

Reporting hatch totals: My total was 17 out of 40. THank you- hope everyone had a Happy Easter!
Congratulations!

Final count from the Cottages Assisted Living and Memory Care. One location hatched 8, and the other location hatched 6. 14 TOTAL! ( 20 had made it to lock down) We will keep the chicks in the brooder boxes for a week or 2, and watch them grow!

Black Copper Marans, Buff Orpingtons, Olive Egger Large

Awesome!

Quote: Quit hiding under chairs, and set some duck eggs!
ya.gif

Update - all but one of the eggs I set for Easter got fried. The one that did hatch, hatched about a week ago. Why so early? Silly, me, I thought it was a Muscovy egg, but looks like I was wrong. Cause of death for the eggs was probably the massive temp spike in the Janoel. Measured the shell temp on the eggs at 106 degrees. Sigh... Live and learn.

-Kathy

Wanna see a duckie pic?
NOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOoooooooo!!!!!
hide.gif

Quit hiding under chairs, and set some duck eggs!
ya.gif

tongue.gif

Well, FIRST I have to build a pond, and figger out HOW, and find some duck eggs.... (Well, that parts easy..)
I WEALLY WEALLY am not ready!!
This is Bacon (the lighter one) and Eggs (the darker one)
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee BOOM! Brain exploding from cuteness! Danger, Will robinson!!
love.gif

-Banti

Last edited:
NOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOoooooooo!!!!!
hide.gif

tongue.gif

Well, FIRST I have to build a pond, and figger out HOW, and find some duck eggs.... (Well, that parts easy..)
I WEALLY WEALLY am not ready!!
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee BOOM! Brain exploding from cuteness! Danger, Will robinson!!
love.gif

-Banti

Wait................I need a pond?

Back
Top Bottom