The advise you receive from old timers...Priceless! Please add your's

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Jaboyd2u, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Jaboyd2u

Jaboyd2u Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2008
    Branford Fl
    I had been researching quail from sometime on this particular forum and others, Google, and anywhere else I could find any info.

I finally made my mind up to get some Jumbo Brown Quail. After many weeks searching Craigslist (I didn't have an incubator to hatch eggs or I would have) I finally found some for sale, my wife was over joyed (not) [​IMG] anyway I contacted the man made arrangements to go to his house.

Once there it was absolutely a full fledge breeding frenzy! They had everything you could think of and then some, all really clean cages animals I was very impressed with the whole operation to be honest. I went over to the quail pens where it was your choice to pick what you wanted...[​IMG] AWESOME Right!

I started saying ok I want this one and that one and that.... finally I stopped and in all the excitement I forgot how to "sex" the quail so I asked the old timer how do you tell which one is the Roo his answer...

MALES ARE ON TOP !!!!! LOL ROFL! I have always laughed when I see a little Roo courting a hen.. Just thought I would share...Been a while since I have posted.

Any other funny things learned from talking to people may become a funny thread? Who knows...

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Well that's one of telling! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Jaboyd2u

Jaboyd2u Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2008
    Branford Fl
    Quote:LOL Yea that is why I shared hopefully you all will enjoy as much as I have...

4. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Short, Sweet and to the point!

[​IMG]

Thanks for sharing!

5. lswatson111304

lswatson111304 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2009
    Milano, TX