The African and Chinese goose thread!!

OK the gosling is doing great!! Has a bit of a hard time walking but I have been taking him swimming in warm water for a few minutes to exercise his leg and its helping. Thank you Lydia for all your help. I'll let you all now how he is in the morning.
thumbsup.gif
sounds great.

I am worried for the gosling and if mama is squishing them when she goes to turn the eggs or take little breaks to go outside is that a harm because the other goslings egg had been stepped on by the mama should I do anything about it

I am worried for the gosling and if mama is squishing them when she goes to turn the eggs or take little breaks to go outside is that a harm because the other goslings egg had been stepped on by the mama should I do anything about it
If your worried and feel you should take the gosling till all eggs have hatched then go by your gut. She'll take them back.

Last edited:

My white Chinese and what I believe is a Nrown Chinese and a Pekin duck doing just fine after a week on the pond! They're all getting along better and the geese have started swimming more. Hoping to get a some females here soon because I think I have two males. Hopefully this time next year I'll have some little goslings running around

If I took mamas eggs until they hatched would how much humidity and heat do they need to stay ok and hatch
Not sure on temp but Pete suggests 65-75%humidity. might try PMing 8GeeseALaying she is very experienced at hatching. He says for dewlap Toulouse temps should start at 37.3C[99*] and then at lock down he decreases it by 5* to raise humidity. But best talk to the experienced.

Last edited:
Not sure on temp but Pete suggests 65-75%humidity. might try PMing 8GeeseALaying she is very experienced at hatching. He says for dewlap Toulouse temps should start at 37.3C[99*] and then at lock down he decreases it by 5* to raise humidity.  But best talk to the experienced.
Great I'll PM them

Back
Top Bottom