The Anime/Manga Chat Thread!

As am I. I'm actually starting to slowly lose interest in them, although I do appreciate a good manga artist every so often. It bothers me when people make the character's eyes about the same size as half of their head. Not to mention some of the crazy weeaboo fans. I prefer real Japanese culture. The country is so beautiful beyond all of the pop culture.
x2, minus the losing interest part. A lot of shoujo manga that is supposed to appeal to my age bracket (Vampire Knight, I think the title is, is a good example) have horrid art styles. I'm not a fan of the huge eyes, though I do know a few artists on Pixiv that use it to emphasize cuteness, and it works, surprisingly enough.

Also, yes to the weeaboo fans. :/ I left the Hetalia fandom purely because of the fanbase, and to be honest, the My Little Pony fandom is starting to be full of weeaboo-like behavior, too. It's sad when people act like that. It's immature and annoying, but you can't even do anything about it.

*nods* I love the classic architecture and beautiful scenery Japan has.
It's a shame, though, that their work ethic is so poor. They've had enough deaths and suicides due to work-related stress that they've actually coined a term for it.

@SCM: Have I told you about the origin of the word Otaku?

X2
Oe em gee, it's Ec! Where have you BEEN? :D

As for your question: no, I don't believe you have.

Oh, Ec, did you see what happened to my chickens? :(
(it's on our chat thread)

Last edited:
Oh, I finally got around to reading the Black Butler manga, and I've already had a bunch of fangirl attacks. My friend Poppy is getting a liiiiitttttllleee irritated (okay, a lot irritated) at me because I'll be reading it and talking to her at the same time, then I'll just randomly be all: *squeeeeeeeeeeee* and she hits me on the top of my head. ^-^;;;; It's so wonderful, though. Hehe. ^-^

X2
Oe em gee, it's Ec! Where have you BEEN? :D

As for your question: no, I don't believe you have.

Oh, Ec, did you see what happened to my chickens? :(
(it's on our chat thread)
Around.

Otaku is a term in Japan similar to our weeaboo. It refers to a shut in who watches anime all day and does nothing to further their lives, and it can also refer to one who is simply obsessed with anime. It has very negative connotations.

Yes, I saw them. While I am sorry, you could have had it worse. 5 of my chickens died, and I personally saw 3 of their corpses.

this is kinda late, but i watched the new black rock shooter anime series. I like it! When i was at AnimeBoston in April, i even stumbled upon some BRS cosplayers! As far as the new summer animes that are out now, i'm only watching Sword Art Online. If you guys are looking for a good streaming anime site with subtitles, animefreak.tv is what i use and with most of the new anime series, they have a streaming player that's iPhone/pad/etc. compatible which is pretty convenient for me when i'm laying down on the my bed haha.

L

I really need to finish Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and start on Persona 4: The Animation. I read about Persona in OtakuUSA (even though I now know that the word otaku has very negative connotations) and marked it as 'to see'. I've already finished both Kuroshitsuji and Monoshitsuji... (MAN, Monoshitsuji was brutal. But I will never get over how freaking amazing Mishter Michaelis is in Kuroshitsuji. :love He was also amazing in Monoshitsuji too. And he is still super amazing. I think Ec and Adam are the ONLY two people who will get that last sentence. And my friend Poppy will, but whatever. XD ) I also need to get going on the Kuroshitsuji manga. *happy sigh* Reading Kuroshitsuji and dying of fangirl attacks~ Absolute bliss~

Last edited:
Quote: Ugh, yes. Some shoujo styles are just god awful. Kanon and Fruits Basket for instance are two animes that I actually can't stand because of their styles. Not that I was actually interested in them in the first place either. I prefer my manga and anime to have more of a softer, rounded, or more realistic appearance rather than appearing extremely angular and disproportionate. I do like big eyes and little proportions on chibis, however.

Yeah, it's really sad how people end up getting pushed out of their fandoms simply because of those weird extremist types. Surprisingly I can still handle the Hetalia fandom, but mostly because I only revolve around a group of rather sensible fans who are sort of at my position of getting less and less interest in mangas and anime.
I left the MLP fandom a long time ago. I just couldn't handle the creeps who drooled over horse butts. I'm considering coming back, but I'm not too sure if I want to...

I really need to visit the place someday. Especially around Mt. Fuji, Kyoto with the geishas & maiko, Hokkaido, and probably Akihabara.
I've heard of that too, though. Very sad indeed.

I agree with you, Zinnia and Ec. The art was just truly awful in Fruits Basket, (No offense to my good friend, who is absolutely in love with Kyo. -_- It gets annoying, believe me.) and I saw a little of Kanon, but not much.
Another anime I couldn't stand because of the art style was one my other friend liked was called Redakai. I couldn't stand it.

I agree with you, Zinnia and Ec. The art was just truly awful in Fruits Basket, (No offense to my good friend, who is absolutely in love with Kyo. -_- It gets annoying, believe me.) and I saw a little of Kanon, but not much.
Another anime I couldn't stand because of the art style was one my other friend liked was called Redakai. I couldn't stand it.
Enough said. e n e
I looked up Redakai because I had no idea what that was. It almost looks like one of those annoying little boy cartoons you see in the wee hours of the morning. There are actually quite a few animes I can't stand, considering how picky I am when it comes to them.

Back
Top Bottom