The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

Pics
By a white patch on the head?
Supposedly. The thing I wouldn't be able to tell you is whether or not its easy to see. I know that it may be harder to spot for specific breeding pairs.

ANY non-barred male crossed with ANY female with barring will result in a sexlink. I just don't know which breeds with express it BETTER. ALL will result in barred males, but again, not sure how easy it will be to see at birth for your specific pairing.

This is the thread to ask anything related to genetics to me. I have Asperger's syndrome. I have poor social skills and can't understand sarcasm so science/numbers/genetics have come very easy to understand.

Ask away.
@nicalandia Thank you for starting this thread. I don't really have any questions at the moment, but when I do I will be sure to come back here and get your opinion.
:frow Welcome from New Orleans

Supposedly. The thing I wouldn't be able to tell you is whether or not its easy to see. I know that it may be harder to spot for specific breeding pairs.

ANY non-barred male crossed with ANY female with barring will result in a sexlink. I just don't know which breeds with express it BETTER. ALL will result in barred males, but again, not sure how easy it will be to see at birth for your specific pairing.
Thanks for the help! Pretty sure I have that mix in my incubator currently! Just one egg though, hopefully it hatches!

I really wanna breed for porcelain satins!
I currently have this little satin roo.
20220216_155109.jpg

I've tried understanding the whole genetics stuff and it's hard!
I luv the duccles! And there's a chance to get porcelain duccle eggs!!!
If I bred him with a porcelain duccle would I have better chances of a porcelain satin result?
I also love the salmon faverolles! So I would assume if this is possible mix with my satin roo and a duccle then I could also mix him with a salmon faverolles.
Any help or advice you can give regarding best way to go about breeding for a beautiful porcelain satin - I'm listening!
Thank you!

This is the thread to ask anything related to genetics to me. I have Asperger's syndrome. I have poor social skills and can't understand sarcasm so science/numbers/genetics have come very easy to understand.

Ask away.
So thankful for your help and understanding of genetics!!! I'll have lots of questions 😁

Back
Top Bottom