The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

Pics
Thanks for the reply. To what degree might I expect this trait to be found in her female offspring? All? or just some? She's actually an awesome momma and very predator savvy. She's outlasted many others that have succumbed to various predators. A darwin chicken of sorts. I'm not breeding her to any current SOP. I can see why folks breeding to pretty much any current SOP would cull for / lean away from this trait.
Super limited experience, but the one daughter I have from a spurred hen doesn't have spurs, so it's at least not going to be every single one

I have a weird question. It's about Barnevelders. They are double laced, like dark Cornish. There is the gold double laced, the silver double laced, and the blue/gold double laced, where the black background color is blue instead of black. My question: is it possible to produce blue/silver double laced Barnevelders? I've never seen such a thing and I think it would be a cool color pattern, if it is possible. If it's not, why?

I have a weird question. It's about Barnevelders. They are double laced, like dark Cornish. There is the gold double laced, the silver double laced, and the blue/gold double laced, where the black background color is blue instead of black. My question: is it possible to produce blue/silver double laced Barnevelders? I've never seen such a thing and I think it would be a cool color pattern, if it is possible. If it's not, why?
1645127025488.png

1645128097824.png

It's really not that hard to do, get a Silver Barnevelder male and cross it with a Blue/Splash gold based Barnevelder hen and you got yourself Silver Based hens that are Blue(50% of them if you use a Blue gold based hen)

Last edited:
Last edited:
My question is egg color can you breed a maran colored egg into another breed? Like say wyandottes
Yes, most definitely.

Brown egg color like Maran is Polygenic in nature with many sex linked genes. Male Maran x Wyandotte. Cross the best F1s to each other and keep repeating based on Female egg color

Back
Top Bottom