The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

Pics
If I have black ameraucana x maran which are f1 olive eggers and bred the f1 rooster to maran hen should I replace the f1 rooster with the son? Or keep the original f1 olive egger rooster? I need to downsize so wanna switch birds out unless im better off keeping them for darker olive eggs in the future.

Keep the F1 rooster. Darker eggs are not always peferred. At least to me when you go back to Maran the second time they start looking not so Olive any longer

1645139636766.png

Could you explain "eye color genetics"?

Asking because it seems like green eyes (in chickens) are more rare. Also because I got a brown-eyed girl from orange-eyed parents. So just curious.
Eye color is not something I have studied so I would not be of help here. Oriental Asil/Aseel have very pale yellow almost white eyes, seems recessive but I have yet put some effort on studying them

Could you explain "eye color genetics"?

Asking because it seems like green eyes (in chickens) are more rare. Also because I got a brown-eyed girl from orange-eyed parents. So just curious.
One thing I've been wanting to know also. I love pearl eyes, & would love to have chickens with blue eyes.

Red, Deep Red, Bay, Amber, & Brown I have already.

All except brown. Want to see what you classify as bay and red, etc.
Bay is what's considered the orange color, which there's two different shades.

Here's Deep Red. Looks brownish in the picture.
20211027_150948.jpg
Amber, but very bright.
20211228_143550.jpg
Bay
20210811_150255.jpg

Back
Top Bottom