The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

That is correct, The Lacing found on Orps is different than the one found on Wyandottes.

Could you explain in more detail?

Regardless of that, the person who brought it up on my thread was talking about Blue Andalusians, who have the clearest and sharpest lacing of blue birds -- but still not the silver or gold in the in the center of the feather, just two shades of blue.

Though some of my Blue Australorps are rather nicely-laced, I think.

Attachments

• 0809221016d.jpg
    0809221016d.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 0827221148a.jpg
    0827221148a.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 0829221440.jpg
    0829221440.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 3
Could you explain in more detail?

Regardless of that, the person who brought it up on my thread was talking about Blue Andalusians, who have the clearest and sharpest lacing of blue birds -- but still not the silver or gold in the in the center of the feather, just two shades of blue.

Though some of my Blue Australorps are rather nicely-laced, I think.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about Laced Orps.

Lacing on Blue birds is caused by both Ml/Ml-Pg/Pg and Blue, but just being bred for.

The lacing on those malays are due to a different mutation(unknown so far), because they don't have Melanotic nor Pattern gene.

Potentially stupid question, because I don't really understand what effect the different genes have and am floundering my way through the learning process,

Is it possible to have multiple types of lacing on the same bird or are the genes mutually exclusive?

Back
Top Bottom