The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

Oh, that makes sense. You were talking about whether the California Whites have barring or not (so they can pass it to their chicks or not).

I have read that many White Leghorns have barring too, so the California White hens might have barring no matter which way the cross was done.

Interesting.

California Whites are good birds. I don't know why they're not more popular with backyarders.

Nice looking bird to.
I had to look that cross up too.

They are absolute MACHINES for production of big, white eggs.

As for their personality, I call them the dash of hot sauce in my flock of placid Australorps. :D

They're active, alert, and entertaining. (Repecka, get off the roof! You're closer to the hawks up there!)

As for their personality, I call them the dash of hot sauce in my flock of placid Australorps. :D

They're active, alert, and entertaining. (Repecka, get off the roof! You're closer to the hawks up there!)
I don't like high egg Production breeds/hybrids. Too many risks for reproductive health problems. One reason I culled my AustraWhite young.

Just want to give a headsup, ive found them horribly difficult to raise. I've never made it to sexing age with the ones I've tried to bring in from multiple sources. I'd try and find an actual breeder if possible
That will be a long ways off. Got slot on my hands right now. Finding a breeder is going to take along time as well.

I do love the clowns! Can always use a good laugh. 👍

Just want to give a headsup, ive found them horribly difficult to raise. I've never made it to sexing age with the ones I've tried to bring in from multiple sources. I'd try and find an actual breeder if possible
I bought some Red Shoulder Yokohamas from McMurray a few years ago, and I didn't have any trouble raising them all the way to maturity (sample size: 6 one year, I think 3 or 4 in a later batch.)

What sources did you try? If you also got them from McMurray, then maybe they are sensitive to something in your environment or climate that wasn't in mine? (I was in northern Virginia at the time, and was raising them in the summer.)

Back
Top Bottom