The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

It Does, but the Fibromelanosis will not be expressed. An Id/Id, Fm/Fm male will have yellow/White shanks and skin
Yellow skinned Fibro, bantam Silkie chick.
20230430_175353.jpg
20230508_083945.jpg
20230508_084003.jpg

From what I gathered from the genes info a e+/eWh combination would be virtually indistinguishable from Wheaten.

So the chick would not have a pattern but would be white/yellow.
White bands on the sides of the head, suggests an e+/e^b. Chick will end up looking like Duckwing, but won't should partridge pattern.
Screenshot_20230516-092830_Chrome.jpg

White bands on the sides of the head, suggests an e+/e^b. Chick will end up looking like Duckwing, but won't should partridge pattern.View attachment 3507211
But Marans don't have e^b genes, so either the rooster and at least one of the chickens have the e+ allele or someone hit the jackpot and have both e+ and eWh allele hiding in a phenotypically normal FBCM flock.

But Marans don't have e^b genes, so either the rooster and at least one of the chickens have the e+ allele or someone hit the jackpot and have both e+ and eWh allele hiding in a phenotypically normal FBCM flock.
It's a possibility that a Marans could have e^b, & it's not as common. The chick show's it's split.

Not all partridge chicks have the white bands though.

Here's a couple partridge for comparison.
20200421_121622.jpg
20200808_230656.jpg

Last edited:
Split, means carries one copy.
So, other than a genetic test, the only way to be sure (kind of) that there is a e^b gene would be to have a rooster and a hen from the same group and same characteristics, breed them together and see if any offspring have a partridge phenotype as adult.
Because even if this is an e+/e^b chick, as an adult it will look like as e+/e+.

In all this probability, it is more likely an e+ or eWh than an e^b.

I think I got it right this time....

Nevertheless, this is the chick that I'm more curious to see as an adult

Last edited:
So, other than a genetic test, the only way to be sure (kind of) that there is a e^b gene would be to have a rooster and a hen from the same group and same characteristics, breed them together and see if any offspring have a partridge phenotype as adult.
Because even if this is an e+/e^b chick, as an adult it will look like as e+/e+.

In all this probability, it is more likely an e+ or eWh than an e^b.

I think I got it right this time....

Nevertheless, this is the chick that I'm more curious to see as an adult
Or breed to a pure partridge, as a test.

It will most likely grow up looking Duckwing.

Back
Top Bottom