The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

How many breeders and bakck ups you have in total for all of your projects?
I try to keep at least 1-2 breeders, & 1 back up.

Malays, Goliath is my main breeder Long is second. Splash Wheaten, not totally sure I should use him, due to short tail. Maybe just fine for Malays, but not the PBA in USA project.

Standard Coop/Black to White Experiment group. I only have Dino as the main breeder, no secondary, or backups. Pumpkin Boy I'm culling, don't really have anything planned for breeding with him.

Giant Silkie Project, Floof is my main breeder, no back ups currently.

Wanting to know the percentage of getting a black skinned naked neck with this cross?

Attachments

• 217355CF-246E-4440-B8C1-AD7B26BF1F2A.jpeg
    217355CF-246E-4440-B8C1-AD7B26BF1F2A.jpeg
    694.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 4ADA0558-2F73-4A2E-AEF1-0A55CBACC6AC.jpeg
    4ADA0558-2F73-4A2E-AEF1-0A55CBACC6AC.jpeg
    444.1 KB · Views: 21
Wanting to know the percentage of getting a black skinned naked neck with this cross?
Probably 100% chance of naked neck (so all chicks will have naked necks.)

Chance of black skin is probably 0% (no chance at all), assuming the rooster is pure for the light skin gene (blocks the action of the fibro gene that causes black skin).

If the rooster actually carries one copy of the gene that allows dark skin, then either a 50% chance or a 25% chance of chicks with black skin (depending on whether the hen has 2 copies of the fibro gene or just one).

Probably 100% chance of naked neck (so all chicks will have naked necks.)

Chance of black skin is probably 0% (no chance at all), assuming the rooster is pure for the light skin gene (blocks the action of the fibro gene that causes black skin).

If the rooster actually carries one copy of the gene that allows dark skin, then either a 50% chance or a 25% chance of chicks with black skin (depending on whether the hen has 2 copies of the fibro gene or just one).
Thank you for the info

The rooster's shank appear to be dark, if he is id+ and hen is Fm/Fm then 100% chance of getting dark skin chicks

Back
Top Bottom