The best incubator

Well good to hear that, which breed are you incubating. I just started incubating another batch of eggs today. All black cochin bantams ( my favorites ).
:D

Well good to hear that, which breed are you incubating. I just started incubating another batch of eggs today. All black cochin bantams ( my favorites ). we dont have pure breeds here.....
:D
this is Called aseel.. its day to im candling some eggs is this spose to happen??
[/IMG]

Last edited:
It's a porous egg shell. Many of my Plymouth Rock eggs have the same kind of shell. It only makes candling hard to see fine detail otherwise it's OK. You'll still see the dark mass of chick growing. I wait to candle until day 7 or 10 as many of my eggs are porous and only looking to see which are developing and how the air sac is growing. By day 10 it's obvious which are developing and which can be tossed. Also the air sac has had plenty of time to grow and I can determine if I need more or less humidity to keep proper size.

On a side note I incubate at 35% humidity first 18 days and that gives good air sac growth for me.

Last edited:
CAN I USE FEVER MEASURING THERMOMETER TO check the temperature inside the incubator … I'm feeling that my incubator is showing me wrong temperature.. when i touch the eggs they are not warm… please help before my eggs spoiled...

tomarrow i will go to city and will pic up the thermometer ….

its day 4 , I'm waiting for day 7 to candle the eggs f0r the first time, i know the optimum temperature is 37.7C what maximum temperature can an egg tolerate for incubation??

Last edited:
I would say that the temperature should not be more than 38.9 Celsius for more than one hour. Or 35.9 Celsius for more than one hour.
This is both max and lowest. :D

I use the Chinese incubator in the pictures (the yellow top one) in fact I have used mine for a year now we started with 1 x rooster and 10 hens I now have 200 Free ranging Koekoeks from this incubator it is good but I find 37,3-37,5 degrees to work best and yes a humidity of 55 %. Never had any deformed chicks my hatching success ratio from 48 eggs is between 60-80 % the ones that don't hatch were normally not fertilised. I give this incubator a great thumbs up. In South Africa it costs $380 dollars.

I use the Chinese incubator in the pictures (the yellow top one) in fact I have used mine for a year now we started with 1 x rooster and 10 hens I now have 200 Free ranging Koekoeks from this incubator it is good but I find 37,3-37,5 degrees to work best and yes a humidity of 55 %. Never had any deformed chicks my hatching success ratio from 48 eggs is between 60-80 % the ones that don't hatch were normally not fertilised. I give this incubator a great thumbs up. In South Africa it costs $380 dollars.
im using the same one but it cast me 150$ but i think i have temprature problm with 37.5C i now raise the temparature to 40.5 now my eggs feel worm .......

7th day of incubation , i have candle random eggs and i saw a darken portion , please comment……..

i can't upload the pics due to camera… i will try to upload the pics soon...

I'm too confused, my mother is saying u will lose some weight in 21days
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom