The Best Turkey Ever !!!!!

chickenzoo

Emu Hugger
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
a bumpy dirt road in Florida
7205_blueberryblue.jpg

This is Blue Berry Blue, my favorite turkey ever. I bought her at the last minute when I was with a friend "chicken shopping". She was looking up at me with those big black eyes, just a little gangly poult. I asked her if she wanted to go home with me and she ran to the gate. $10 was more than I really wanted to pay, but she grew on me as I held her. When I got home I put her in with the other chickens I bought. She was always a holy terror with other chickens, she always beat them up, but wanted my attention. I didn't really pay too much attention to her until she was old enough to be one the ground. She then always wanted to be held. Would fly up on my shoulder and sit like a parrot, she still does as heavy as she is, all the while chirping her turkey chirps. Now that she is older she still follows me everywhere. Trying to do any project around here is almost impossible without things being taken, fingers being nipped or her laying in the middle of everything. Everyone who comes to visit is greeted by Blueberry turkey, she is the welcoming turkey. They normally end up carrying her around, which is her master plan. She is also a protective turkey, any roo that dares to try and flog me will feel Blueberrys rath. She will intervene, chase the roo away all the while pecking and beating the snot out of him. Then she runs back to me chirping her turkey chirps and lays at my feet waiting to be petted for her good deed. She does hang out with the other turkeys but as soon as she sees us, here she comes.....jumping up into my arms, content on being carried around like a big, heavy chirping puppy. She is the best turkey ever!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Oh she is GORGEOUS! What a great turkey! Sounds like you DO have the best turkey ever!
love.gif

Thanks for posting the pic!

Shelly

That's an adorable story! I have much love and appreciation in my heart for turkeys - reminds me of a poster on a big commuter bus today I saw with two White Holland-looking turkeys on it and phrases to the effect of "Be kind to turkeys this holiday season, go Vegan". They're my favorites of the barnyard poultry I have. Glad you bought her and have kept her.

Back
Top Bottom