the best way kto get a hen to go broody

[email protected]

Songster
9 Years
Feb 2, 2010
How should i get my hens to go broody they have 12 nest boxes and all of the lay between 3 i have 7 eggs in one and then 1 in the other two they lay in will this be a problem since they dont lay in their own nesting box

You can't make a hen go broody. I would if I could. They either do or they don't. It's like a little switch goes on in their brain. Birds bred for higher egg production are usually less likely to go broody.
Tried all the tricks in the book. They don't work.
When they really REALLY want to go broody, the abundance of nestboxes or the lack of any nestboxes is not going to change their mind.

The best way to guarantee for a hen to go broody is to have no rooster, and want no more chicks.
roll.png

Quote:
Yeah, that's probably true. I have an active rooster, want more chicks and have an incubator sitting in the kitchen.
he.gif

thanks again i have all borrowed incubators and turners but i have guinea eggs in one and only 35 chicken eggs someone gave me and they said some of them were silkie eggs and i have always wanted silkies i am so excited.
big_smile.png
smile.png

[email protected] :

thanks again i have all borrowed incubators and turners but i have guinea eggs in one and only 35 chicken eggs someone gave me and they said some of them were silkie eggs and i have always wanted silkies i am so excited.
big_smile.png
smile.png

i am trying to save up money to get me a incubator​

Back
Top Bottom