The Big Blue Roo (and other BBS ameraucana pics)

lau.gif
gig.gif
Horatio Huh?
Do you watch CSI miami! LOL
Nice Birds (;

Quote:
gasp……no *shakes head* No……..NOOOOO
Full blown tantrum takes her to the floor, feet flail, hands pound on floor, hoarse mutterings of no, no.

Picks self up off the floor, dusts herself off.

Hmmm, really? So I am wondering have you found this to hold in EEs or in crosses. Say an Orp X EE?

gig.gif
Sorry, Horsefeathers. That was a GREAT rant though. You get the Oscar.
smile.png
I haven't tried sexing EEs yet. The Orp in the mix would mean that you potentially could get a single comb. The crossing makes the genes kind of a crapshoot. I will tell you that the triple ridge thing has been VERY consistant with my pure ameraucanas. If it makes you feel better, of the 7 originally hatched, 5 were boys.
hit.gif

USSChicago1- I have watched CSI Miama and do like it. These guys though have a Shakespeare theme going on in their pen. The big blue is Horatio. His brother is Hamlet (both from the play Hamlet). The girls are Beatrice and Ophelia (Much Ado about Nothing and Hamlet) . I think the next round has three girls and so we will have Margaret, Juliet and Kate (Richard III, Romeo & Juliet and Taming of the Shrew respectively).
I'm a theatre nerd and it shows.
tongue.png

Quote:
gasp……no *shakes head* No……..NOOOOO
Full blown tantrum takes her to the floor, feet flail, hands pound on floor, hoarse mutterings of no, no.

Picks self up off the floor, dusts herself off.

Hmmm, really? So I am wondering have you found this to hold in EEs or in crosses. Say an Orp X EE?

gig.gif
Sorry, Horsefeathers. That was a GREAT rant though. You get the Oscar.
smile.png
I haven't tried sexing EEs yet. The Orp in the mix would mean that you potentially could get a single comb. The crossing makes the genes kind of a crapshoot. I will tell you that the triple ridge thing has been VERY consistant with my pure ameraucanas. If it makes you feel better, of the 7 originally hatched, 5 were boys.
hit.gif

USSChicago1- I have watched CSI Miama and do like it. These guys though have a Shakespeare theme going on in their pen. The big blue is Horatio. His brother is Hamlet (both from the play Hamlet). The girls are Beatrice and Ophelia (Much Ado about Nothing and Hamlet) . I think the next round has three girls and so we will have Margaret, Juliet and Kate (Richard III, Romeo & Juliet and Taming of the Shrew respectively).
I'm a theatre nerd and it shows.
tongue.png

haha Wow i just learned about for hamlet for 1/1/2 hours today. Hamet or something like that was his only sons name that died and thats why he wrote the plays with him in it to show his sadness! (;

Back
Top Bottom