The Big Day

NevadaRon

Songster
9 Years
May 28, 2010
Dayton
Well, today was the big day! I finished the ramp to the new coop (dubbed The Poultry Palace) and had left the run and gone over to the people door. I was spreading straw around in it and the girls started coming up the ramp one by one to check it out.
woot.gif
It was great - they were so excited! They immediately started scratching around rearranging the straw and just could not stop cackling. For the next hour and a half they stayed in the PP and I could hear them scratching around and non-stop bok bok bok bok bok bok bok. It was the talk of the flock!
lol.png

So while they were busy with that, I brought the juveniles in and put them in the old run. It's completely inside the new run so it was good the older girls were occupied! Made the whole process a lot easier. So cute - I put one of the Ameraucana/EE's (what is the difference anyway?
idunno.gif
) in there and she turned around and flew back up into my arms like "No! I want to go back to the brooder! Don't put me in there!"
gig.gif
They seemed to settle down pretty quickly though. Within an hour they were scratching around and acting all chickeny.

Back
Top Bottom