The Big Incubation - *Pics Added!!!*

mediazeal

Songster
10 Years
Feb 26, 2009
Edited to say: Pictures of the chicks starting on page 4-6!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Ha, reminds me of 'The Big Chill' This is sort of the opposite.
Anyway, I saved up my pennies and got these great eggs. Thought you might all keep your fingers crossed with me.
They are resting right now, will go into the NEW BRINSEA CABINET incubator tomorrow. It's warming up.
I have Lavender Orpington Project eggs from OnTheSpot and some black/lav split eggs... plus she sent me a few others. See pics below.
I have 32 Wade Jeane BCMs direct from Wade and partners.
And I have 24 Barnevelder eggs from Peace Of Thyme. Christina has the best barnies I think.
Orps, BCMs and Barnies are the 3 breeds I'm most excited about. I've been hatching eggs for others, but these are MINE!
PICS!!!

OnTheSpot sent 2 Olive Eggers, 1 Ameraucana, I think the next row are 6 Mottled Java, the 2 in the middle are the Lavender Orpingtons (LOP), the next two rows are black/lav split Orpingtons.
OnTheSpot2.jpg

Big Basket of Wade Jeane Black Copper Marans
wadeJeaneBCMs.jpg

Barnevelder eggs from Christina and 2 more BCM eggs from Wade's birds.
PeaceofThymeBarnevelders.jpg

check back in 3 weeks and I'll have baby pics!
wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif

Last edited:
Oooh, another stunning batch of eggs. Can't wait for hatching updates, but really looking forward to hearing how the new Brinsea cabinet bator does. Though I expect it'll just be "holding temp and humidity"... I hope it turns out to be as wonderful as the little Brinseas.
thumbsup.gif
. Looking forward to hatch reports!

So, what bank did you rob? Wow, not only the cabinet, but all those beautiful expensive eggs!!!!! I'll be scanning the newspapers to see what bank you hit!
wink.png

Good luck! I hope all your Java's hatch! They are one of my personal favorites! Java's and Delawares.

Laney

Quote:
I know, I was really, really bad.
I was tired of the bad hatches and anxiety of my other incubator and my little brinsea had been so trustworthy, but little. Big garage sale coming up.

Quote:
Yup, it is 'holding temp and humidity' perfectly. The humidity is a little low. I have to add water everyday. I'm not planning on hatching in it so that will not be a problem. So far the only thing I do not love is the water tray. It hangs down a little close to the eggs. Nothing touches when they are turning but it looks scary. And it doesn't hold as much water as other trays, so I have to fill it often. Seems they REALLY want you to buy the auto-humidity accessory. I just fill it every day.

Candled on Day 14.
I had to remove:
- 1 of the lav/black orpington eggs - clear
- I mottled java - clear
- 12 barnevelder eggs - all clear - I wrote the breeder to buy more and she is sending me another doz free. Isn't she great!
- And this morning I sniffed out one bad BCM egg.

I didn't tell you all
but the BCMs had a small tradegy as they were 'resting' the night before I put them in the incubator.
My dog got into the kitchen and did a little 'counter surfing' He stole 2 BCM eggs and ate them. He was very gentle about it or he could have dumped over the entire flat of eggs. I'm taking it out of his allowance.
rant.gif

I'm down to 57 gorgeous eggs.
29 BCM eggs, no idea if any of them are growing as I can not candle them
5 mottled java
1 ameraucana
2 olive eggs
2 lav/lav orpingtons
6 lav/black split orpingtons
12 barnevelder

Only 6 more days til babies!
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif