The blue legs should help?

Hen-nah

In the Brooder
Mar 7, 2015
Olivehurst, California

Hello all!
I wanted to see if anyone thinks this maybe a California Blue Leg (I guess aka American Bresse). I am located in Central California so this isn't too much of a stretch... Thank you so much in advance! He was not being very cooperative taking the photos, so I will try to get a pic of him standing asap.

Here is the hen...legs are more greenish...

Last edited:
Hello! And thank you so much!

Actually we went out to get a chicken coop and the gent did not advertise the fact it came with chickens! What a surprise! He didn't say where he got his, and well...the deal was so good on the coop that I said okay! The coop was a custom CConly that retails for about 600 and we got it for 99 dollars (with the chickens and feeder/waterer). I could assume that the chickens were obtained near the Yuba City area of Central California since he just said he got it for his family but lost interest. I got the impression he simply got chickens not knowing what they were or how to care for them...my gain totally!

I wished I had more info really, but these guys were going to be neglected if we didn't take the offer. They looked healthy, but look more so now after a month of us spoiling them rotten! LOL! They free range daily and seem friendly and content, and I could not be more thrilled. I did want to get my own chickens (I had chickens in the past, use to be on this forum as Triage RN about 7 years ago), but these guys are so funny and sweet that I am loving them!

Amy AKA Hen-Nah

Back
Top Bottom