The boys are talking...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Bleenie, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

All of my 'babies' are finally crowing!!

My little serama & frizzle are older so they've been at it for a while but my 'babies' were starting to worry me, they've been OBVIOUSLY mature for quite some time now, doing the dance & 'deed'...

This last weekend Dinky, my barred EE roo finally let one out!! it was to *perfect* [​IMG] (SO glad it wasn't one of those pathetic, "help i'm dying!" ones!)...Him & the serama were going back & forth all day, it was hilarious [​IMG]

Then finally this morning, Snowy, my cutsie, little Cochin/Aracauna mix figured out his voice... it was like he couldnt get enough of himself! all day, seemed like every 5 minutes he'd let a couple out.. while stretching his neck out as far as it could possibly go..like he didnt want it to *ever stop* [​IMG]

Then finally around 4pm, I think Domino got irritated with Snowy and decided to try & upstage his self proclaimed 'perfect crow'.... let's just say it was a little less that pretty [​IMG] It lasted about 2 seconds before he lost it ... "err err err err gurggle BLAH!!" I swear i nearly couldnt breath i was laughing so hard! poor little baby, i felt bad for him...especially since he's the biggest, strongest-looking boy in the bunch...

I wonder if they'll pick on him? [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  2. Country Heart

Country Heart City Girl With A

I love the sound of crowing - especially in the morning. I am currently nursing a sick roo and know it will be a sign of recovery when he regains his voice.

3. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Quote:Good luck Country Heart [​IMG]

4. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Roosters have Never bothered me, even when they crow all day long.

I don't understand why theres so many people, mainly in the city that just cant stand their crowing.

5. Daisygirl

Daisygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2009
    New Zealand
    Quote:It's mostly the neighbours that are REALLY unfriendly about it and just can't understand why we got chickens, so a rooster would be going a step too far..."Really, I'm sure they're lovely darling but how do you stand their [​IMG] ..." is all I get from them on the subject of roosters... [​IMG]
    I'd love to have a rooster, but would probably get my girls confiscated for it...and that is NOT happening...
    I shall dream of a future with a large lifestyle block, or better... [​IMG]
    A roosters crow, in my opinion, is much better than an alarm clock, but my opinion isn't theirs... [​IMG]
    Congrats on your boys getting their voices!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  6. chickens argreat

chickens argreat Out Of The Brooder

Jan 31, 2010
    Quote:I also love the crowing it is comforting i guess people in the city either hate chickens or find the crow loud or something i don't understand it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by