The boys are talking...

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
All of my 'babies' are finally crowing!!

My little serama & frizzle are older so they've been at it for a while but my 'babies' were starting to worry me, they've been OBVIOUSLY mature for quite some time now, doing the dance & 'deed'...

This last weekend Dinky, my barred EE roo finally let one out!! it was to *perfect*
love.gif
(SO glad it wasn't one of those pathetic, "help i'm dying!" ones!)...Him & the serama were going back & forth all day, it was hilarious
smile.png

Then finally this morning, Snowy, my cutsie, little Cochin/Aracauna mix figured out his voice... it was like he couldnt get enough of himself! all day, seemed like every 5 minutes he'd let a couple out.. while stretching his neck out as far as it could possibly go..like he didnt want it to *ever stop*
roll.png

Then finally around 4pm, I think Domino got irritated with Snowy and decided to try & upstage his self proclaimed 'perfect crow'.... let's just say it was a little less that pretty
lol.png
It lasted about 2 seconds before he lost it ... "err err err err gurggle BLAH!!" I swear i nearly couldnt breath i was laughing so hard! poor little baby, i felt bad for him...especially since he's the biggest, strongest-looking boy in the bunch...

I wonder if they'll pick on him?
tongue.png

Last edited:
Quote:
It's mostly the neighbours that are REALLY unfriendly about it and just can't understand why we got chickens, so a rooster would be going a step too far..."Really, I'm sure they're lovely darling but how do you stand their
duc.gif
..." is all I get from them on the subject of roosters...
idunno.gif

I'd love to have a rooster, but would probably get my girls confiscated for it...and that is NOT happening...
I shall dream of a future with a large lifestyle block, or better...
droolin.gif

A roosters crow, in my opinion, is much better than an alarm clock, but my opinion isn't theirs...
roll.png

Congrats on your boys getting their voices!!!
clap.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I also love the crowing it is comforting i guess people in the city either hate chickens or find the crow loud or something i don't understand it

Back
Top Bottom