The Brahma Lover Thread!

Apr 29, 2020
Casper, Wyoming
Tell us what you love about your Brahmas, Post pictures, stories, information, and have fun!
- Some of our dark brahmas-
DSC_4448.JPG
DSC_3909.JPG
DSC_4520.JPG
If you do not love Brahmas then this thread is not for you.

Tell us what you love about your Brahmas, Post pictures, stories, information, and have fun!
- Some of our dark brahmas-View attachment 2452257View attachment 2452258View attachment 2452260 If you do not love Brahmas then this thread is not for you.
I have one accidental Brahma (a Buff). She was supposed to be a Cuckoo Marans. After several weeks, it was apparent to even a chicken newbie like me that Isabella was certainly not a Marans!
I feel really lucky to have her in my flock! I would not have wanted to miss out on her. She is very spunky and I think she is so cute when she runs, like she is running with snowshoes on! She sees well adapted to our cold snowy Canadian weather. Even her feathered feet are fine in the snow.
I would love to get more Brahmas someday.

I have one accidental Brahma (a Buff). She was supposed to be a Cuckoo Marans. After several weeks, it was apparent to even a chicken newbie like me that Isabella was certainly not a Marans!
I feel really lucky to have her in my flock! I would not have wanted to miss out on her. She is very spunky and I think she is so cute when she runs, like she is running with snowshoes on! She sees well adapted to our cold snowy Canadian weather. Even her feathered feet are fine in the snow.
I would love to get more Brahmas someday.

Have any pictures?:)

I call them my Stately Yard Dinosaurs.

I currently only have one, the Light Brahma hen in my avatar, Dumpling. I sold her breed-sister, Omelet, a few weeks ago.

1006201438_HDR.jpg

That's Dumpling in front and Omelet in back. At 26 weeks, Dumpling isn't laying yet, not even squatting. *sigh*

Here are a few from my previous flock, where I had two Dark Brahma hens, Noodle and Kiev, and a Light Brahma (accidental), rooster, Marion (formerly Rosemary):

0511141200a.jpg
IMG_0605.JPG
IMG_0606.JPG

Noodle was the cuddle-pet of the flock and went so determinedly broody that she managed to hide and hatch an egg despite me removing them. Since she was unafraid of people she bit viciously in defense of her eggs -- a very, very good mama.

If there were no practical concerns to think about I'd have nothing but Brahmas, I think. They're so very beautiful.

When I expand my flock this summer I want another Light Brahma hen and a couple Dark Brahmas to go along with the better layers.

I have one singular buff Brahma who is about 6-7 weeks old. Her name is Braums, because we are both uncreative and have a slightly morbid sense of humor. She's ABSOLUTELY gorgeous though, even in the teenage dinosaur stage. LOVE her fluffy feets!!!

IMG_20201218_164047__02.jpg
IMG_20201218_164050__02.jpg
IMG_20201218_164056__01.jpg
IMG_20201205_090934__01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom