THE Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco Thread; Hatches, etc. (PICS)

So my DH just ordered me this incubator, but the one with the humidity pump. It is extremely dry here and we thought having the humidity pump would be helpful. I have never used an incubator and thought this one would be a good one. I skimmed through this thread (of course I found it after we ordered) and now am wondering if that was a wise choice. Seems like a lot of complaints and unsatisfied folks. Does anybody have this that likes it?

So my DH just ordered me this incubator, but the one with the humidity pump. It is extremely dry here and we thought having the humidity pump would be helpful. I have never used an incubator and thought this one would be a good one. I skimmed through this thread (of course I found it after we ordered) and now am wondering if that was a wise choice. Seems like a lot of complaints and unsatisfied folks. Does anybody have this that likes it?

I remember reading where someone who had it had the whole thing crash into the floor one night when all the wires and hoses got tangled (I think they got caught up in the turner.. or a cat.. or something).. so you may want to keep an eye on that

thats why its always good to run it a few days and look whats going on with it

here are mine setup

i had to tape the tube on the octo 20 for that reason and its running just fine no tangles at all and i put a large board in front to keep kids away and act as a barrior

the mini is on locadown and the octo is on day 2

all buff and lemon cuckoo orpingtons

here are mine setup

i had to tape the tube on the octo 20 for that reason and its running just fine no tangles at all and i put a large board in front to keep kids away and act as a barrior

I remember the person who had the crash saying she had to clean up a bloody mess.. so she was well into the incubation.. apparently someone or something moved some wires/tubes and tangled things up a bit

I remember the person who had the crash saying she had to clean up a bloody mess.. so she was well into the incubation.. apparently someone or something moved some wires/tubes and tangled things up a bit

its possible but kept in a safe place and setup correctly its quite unlikely

here are mine setup

So I am assuming since you have two that you like them??? Also, I love that you have Lemon Cuckoo Orps, in a yellow incubator in front of a yellow wall. I see a pattern here!
wink.png

So I am assuming since you have two that you like them??? Also, I love that you have Lemon Cuckoo Orps, in a yellow incubator in front of a yellow wall. I see a pattern here!
wink.png

LOL i didnt think about that

yes seems yellow is in at the moment lol

i love brinsea they are great incubators and soon i will be getting a brinsea hatchmaster or a brinsea octo 40 not decided yet but defo a brinsea

the after sales care is great too

its possible but kept in a safe place and setup correctly its quite unlikely

Oh I'm sure it is.. just wanted to make WyoChickenMamma aware of the problem so hopefully they can take steps to avoid the same thing happening

and I found the post! https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/526913/no-more-goslings-for-me-this-year#post_6717929

sad.png

I had 3 Pilgrim eggs in the Brinsea. About 3 weeks along. I had the rest filled with turkey and rouen duck eggs.

It crashed during the night, literally. The turner caught the stupid hose/cord to the humidity pump unit, pulled it off the table, which pulled the whole thing to the floor, or at least that appears to be what happened. The hose and cord were tangled in the turner mechanism.

I had one goose egg and 4 others survive the impact, but when I found this at about 5:30/5:45 this morning, everything was cold. Between the fall and the chill, not holding out much hope. That goose egg already had serious detached air cell issues upon arrival, but was developing. The smashed eggs were, too, there was a lot of blood, it was not a pretty scene.

ARGH!!!

I'm really sorry I didn't go with R-com units -- internal tank, internal turner, one cord!

LOL i didnt think about that

yes seems yellow is in at the moment lol

i love brinsea they are great incubators and soon i will be getting a brinsea hatchmaster or a brinsea octo 40 not decided yet but defo a brinsea

the after sales care is great too

good luck with that (the bolded part)..

after you receive a bunch of defective products they may not be as nice to you
at least that's what I and several others have found to be the case

edited to add.. I see you're in the UK.. maybe their customer service is better there.. cause here... well... yeah... not so good

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom