THE Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco Thread; Hatches, etc. (PICS)

Just started 13 eggs in my eco 20....
fl.gif

I am running mine now without the dividers and have 29 easily fitting. I run with water in both troughs. It is in my basement and it is winter time - dry. Humidity in bator runs between 30%-35%... I will then add material getting humidity up to around 65% for hatching. Works well.

I set 20 campbell duck eggs last night in it. These are from my birds. Wish me luck. I tried shipped eggs but none hatched. Hoping home grown ones do better.

I tried a hatch last year in one of those small light bulb incubators and had 6 eggs and none hatched. My confidence is very low. I cant help but think that none will hatch this time as well in my octagon eco 20 incubator?!?!

You will get chicks from the Oct Eco 20. I know some people have had trouble with the built in thermometer, but mine works great. As long as your eggs are viable and you keep your temp and humidity close(it will vary slightly), you will definitely have babies!

Thanks katsdar and enggass for the words of encouragement!. Temp and humidity have stayed exactly the same since I set them on Monday which bodes well I suppose. I cracked an egg before I set and it was fertile so I am presuming most in the incubator will also be. I have hatched many shipped eggs under broody hens but this is the first time I have set eggs from my own birds!

My son got me my brinsea eco 20 for an early Christmas present and my first set was old eggs and all nine hatched, now they should start laying around the end of April. I now have 20 eggs in the bator, several different breeds, and I have a bannie hen that went broody, so hers should hatch a week after mine, and I plan on letting her raise all of the chicks, hope shes up for the job. I can't get to where she has her nest so I have no idea how many eggs she has, I know 5 rolled down and cracked, she went up on the roof where there is an over hang, good spot really no one can get to her, but will have to watch for the peeps so we can get them down safely.

Hi everyone. Day 13 now. Eggs developing well, I have taken 2 of the original 15 out due to not being fertile....but.... The air cells haven't seem to have increased very much in the fertile ones. I have opened the air vent fully, what else could I do? The water has nearly all dried out below the eggs and I won't replace it. Any advice?

Back
Top Bottom