THE Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco Thread; Hatches, etc. (PICS)

Quote:
It's so easy with this bator, the main thing is to sit on you hands for awhile before you candle!!
lol.png

I do like to put that rubber shelf liner on the bottom of the tray before I go to lockdown. Helps keep the mess down some!!

ETA: Oh and lots of luck for a sucessful hatch!!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
It's so easy with this bator, the main thing is to sit on you hands for awhile before you candle!!
lol.png

I do like to put that rubber shelf liner on the bottom of the tray before I go to lockdown. Helps keep the mess down some!!

thumbsup.gif

Thanks, that is what I like to hear!! Seems like you can't go wrong with a Brinsea.
smile.png

And the shelf liner is a great idea! I was worried about paper towels sliding around on that plastic but problem solved!
big_smile.png

I turned my ECO on last night in anticipation of an egg delivery today! Just got the call from the post office, yiipppee! This will be the longest day at work EVER!

come on brinsea!!!! hatch me some Orpie babies! I have 1 pip...I am hopeing to come home tonight at 9:30 and have more pips. I am really hopeing my brinsea will do me proud.

Quote:
lol.png

thumbsup.gif

Thanks, that is what I like to hear!! Seems like you can't go wrong with a Brinsea.
smile.png

And the shelf liner is a great idea! I was worried about paper towels sliding around on that plastic but problem solved!
big_smile.png

I learned not to use any kind of paper anything in this incubator, I had always put each egg in a paper muffin cup with my LG, so they all have their own hatching pad, and my incubator got really cold because the ECO fan sucked one of them up onto it and couldn't work correctly. I couldn't see it until I lifted the lid to nab a chick, I'm really glad I didn't fry my fan!

Quote:
smile.png

big_smile.png

I learned not to use any kind of paper anything in this incubator, I had always put each egg in a paper muffin cup with my LG, so they all have their own hatching pad, and my incubator got really cold because the ECO fan sucked one of them up onto it and couldn't work correctly. I couldn't see it until I lifted the lid to nab a chick, I'm really glad I didn't fry my fan!

Oh my goodness! Thanks for the warning! I would have never even thought of that.

Also, just another question for anyone with an answer... Can I turn my eggs by just tilting the whole incubator to set on another side? Or would it be better to hand turn them? Hope that makes sense, although I'm sure it will to everyone with an Octagon.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom