THE Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco Thread; Hatches, etc. (PICS)

Congratulations on the hatch!
thumbsup.gif

Here is the link to the New Years Day hatch thread (egg setting day is Dec. 11th.):
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=590706

Could someone show a picture of the glass thomomater in the eco 20, I want to get one of these, but still thinking on it, it only holds 24 eggs, is it that much better than the hovabator 1588 that holds 40 something eggs, I know hovabator is a bad word on here but would like some openions between the two.

Last edited:
Quote:
Hi Roger!

I love my Brinseas. I don't have any experience with the Hovabator, but now that I'm using a Brinsea, I wouldn't use anything else until I upgrade to a cabinet! I hope you find the information you're looking for though!

I can take a pic of the thermometer for you in a little bit if you don't hear back from someone else.

Thanks yall for the info, I think Im going to go ahead & order the Eco 20, is the advance worth the extra amount of $ they are asking for it ? all it has extra is an alarm, dig. read out, & you can add a humidity pump but its kinda pricey, I think the Eco 20 with the truner will do what I want, will it hold 24 Orp. eggs ?

I think it will hold that many. I can get 3 dozen bantams in with no problem. I also stack eggs in mine and turn the machine by hand till the first toss. There is a video on youtube of a women showing how to fit more eggs in one. When I have mine double stacked I use egg cartons cut up and on a angle.

Quote:
i personally don't think it is. one advance costs about 370 plus..........ONE eco 20 costs 100 plus. do the math, as i don't have time to go on and on

Quote:
i personally don't think it is. one advance costs about 370 plus..........ONE eco 20 costs 100 plus. do the math, as i don't have time to go on and on

I agree. I would rather have multiple units than bells and whistles. I don't even use the turner anymore. I manually turn mine. Mainly because they are over filled, but its just as easy to turn it 3 times a day.

Back
Top Bottom