THE Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco Thread; Hatches, etc. (PICS)

just thought i would add these here:

this is how things look right now, except room is brighter in pics cuz of flash...

btw, that baseboard heater behing bators is NOT USED, ever.........

2batorsdistant.jpg

2batorsclose.jpg

Last edited:
sager:)silkies :

im thinking of gettin one of these bators can u ppl who have one tell me the pros and cons of this bator

you should read this whole thread carefully and all its links..........if you haven't done so, yet, that is!​

Quote:
oh maybe within a week

Ordered mine at noon Monday (took me 1/2 day to talk myself into the turner), got UPS notification today that it should be here Friday.

Quote:
I may try this. I cracked an egg once with those wire dividers and I'm STILL upset about it.
Will the cartons hold the eggs okay even with auto turn cradle? Will paper cartons work ok?
I did a small hatch of 6 in my ECO20. For lockdown I put the eggs in the flat top of an 18 egg paper carton. Worked fine. Bigger hatches though... ?

I told myself I was taking a break but the NYD hatch looked too fun. Gonna try and hatch some RIRs for my Spring laying flock.

Last edited:
Quote:
oh maybe within a week

Ordered mine at noon Monday (took me 1/2 day to talk myself into the turner), got UPS notification today that it should be here Friday.

thumbsup.gif

I like my turner a lot. One less thing to worry about for me. I think you will be pleased. I've been impressed with how stable the temp in the eco20 is. Humidity has been more a challenge for me but that probably has much to do with my region which is scrub-steppe. I've figured out ways to up the humidity. Great bator overall. I'm still getting used to mine but I think it's one of the best and a great deal for the money.

Thanks Kathinmo for the idea of using the egg cartons.... I think it will work better for me too. I just set my eggs for the NYD hatch for my first hatch. I sure hope everything goes okay. I am not going to mess with the temp at all for this hatch.

90094_img_1747-copy.jpg

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom