THE Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco Thread; Hatches, etc. (PICS)

Quote:
Thanks for the tips jmc and barred! Yeah, they must have dunked it. I'm cleaning it up now. Good tip on the vinegar, I'll use some of that. I also use alcohol prep pads too to detail various poultry things because they are easy and the alcohol evaporates quick.
Gotta finish cleaning. I'm doing the BYC NYD Hatch and have to get my eggs in by 12!
big_smile.png

Quote:
It's funny you mentioned this. This is EXACTLY the way I do it....everyone talks about doing a boiling water check, or icewater...and those temps are BOTH at extreme ends of the temps we actually need.

any thermometer I have purchased, I stick the probe either under my armpit, or under my tongue and wait about 4-5 minutes..and if it's close to 98.6F we are good to go....you can't get closer to hatch temps than that.

Dan

Hatching explosion happening as i type.

Much data will be coming prob. on Wed, as an aid to future 'managers' of their bators

thanks for all your replies.

this thread could become something enormously helpful for many, if we stick with it

I had to add water to my ECO this weekend. It was in lockdown, so I put a straw through the vent hole and used a basting syringe to add water. It worked very well.

I had a friends daughter over to watch a hatch and she opened the vent (kids, grrr) I was in and out of the room so I didn't notice. I had one egg zipping really well, then it stopped 3/4 of the way around. It was then I noticed the vent open. I hurriedly took the egg out and helped the chick finish. It had shrink wrapped very bad. It would never have made it out on its own. I learned my lesson, never leave a incubator and children unattended!!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
how do u like the brinsa eco 20 cause im thinking of getting one

Love it so much that I have 2!

if ok could u tell me some pros and cons

sager:)silkies :

Quote:
Love it so much that I have 2!

if ok could u tell me some pros and cons​

I have never used another brand, so I don't have any experience with others. Its very easy to clean, rotate manually, holds temprature well, good viewing. Cons, if you buy ECO without the bells and whistles, you have to buy hydrometer separate, I have heard people complain about the egg rails, but I like them. I check my temprature with several things just to make sure they are all correct. Chicks seem a little cramped after hatching, but I still love mine!

Back
Top Bottom