THE Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco Thread; Hatches, etc. (PICS)

Quote:
I let them lay on their sides as much as possible. They tend to roll and bump each other, and once there is one chick playing egg football, any idea of control is over.
roll.png

I usually have at least one breech egg per batch of 20. Oh wait, you are just beginning your hatch, not lockdown.
Ok, with shipped eggs you want to set them with the air cell pointing up at first. The aircell should be in the big end, so yes, begin with the big end pointed up. Once the chickies are developing well, you can set them on their side, if you wish -- after day 10.
With eggs laid from my hens I prefer to let them lay on their sides since that is how momma hen does it.

On my Eco 20 thermometer I took a red sharpie pen and drew a line around the 100 degree mark. Sure makes the temperture easier to figure out.
wink.png

I'm going to be putting my shipped eggs in the incubator tomorrow morning but I have a question. My humidity is staying around in the 40's but my incubator thermometer reads 101 or 102 degrees, my hygrometer/thermometer reads that the temperature is at 100 degrees, which stays at 100, always. Should I turn down the temperature or trust the hygrometer/thermometer that reads 100 degrees?I'm probably worrying about nothing, lol.

Thanks!

Can someone tell me what kind of thermometer the brinsia octagon 20 comes with and a pic would be nice to most ppl say a glass one but on vids i see a digital one on top of it. Ty

Last edited:
sager:)silkies :

Quote:
Can someone tell me what kind of thermometerthe brinsia octagon 20 comes with and a pic would be nice to most ppl say a glass one but on vids i see a digital one on top of it. Ty

The Eco comes with the glass thermometer and the regular 20 has a digital reading. I don't use the glass one at all. Take care​

Back
Top Bottom