The Buckeye Thread

Yup, it's been a very long time.....so long I had to create a new account!
thumbsup.gif

Guess I'm like the proverbial bad penny and just keep showing up?!?!?

I'll send you a check as soon as I get my invoice Shumaker but don't cash it until July!
wink.png

Here's a nice Lay/Brown pullet that I've raised this year....she is only 17 weeks and 2 days old and weighs 5 lbs 3 ounces!!! Already standard weight :) notice that there is not any excess fluff in the thighs or back.

Yup, it's been a very long time.....so long I had to create a new account! :thumbsup

Guess I'm like the proverbial bad penny and just keep showing up?!?!?

I'll send you a check as soon as I get my invoice Shumaker but don't cash it until July!  ;)

Ahhhh....you're at least worth a nickel....I'd even say a "shiny" one.....

July 4th it is......I'll finally get to say I'm "rich" ;)

That would be wonderful, but I don't think you can become a master Exhibitor twice.

Master....no; but grand master to a particular breed......you sure can. Time will tell; but I'm having a great deal of fun raising and breeding these birds so anythings possible. Every year I look forward to the biddies and watching them grow with loads of potential. I never thought I'd be much for the the bantams but they are really unique in their own rights. I'm looking forward to just getting them in the exhibition pens.....heck, they might be nothing more than junk...but I'm proud of the little guys :) It would be nice to see something outside of a cornish or sumatra bantam usually winning the class.

Last edited:
Hey Joey. John said your farm is real nice. He said he's gonna drag me to see it. I love old farm houses.

Now that my daughter has graduated law school, she wants us to move to Long Island. They have super large poultry farms there. We sure can't afford one. So we're considering moving. Can you imagine raising 1000 Buckeye's on Long Island.

Back
Top Bottom