The Buckeye Thread

Did everyone have a good time at the Ohio National?
D.gif

My chief regret is that I didn't have enough time to spend with all the folks I wanted to chat with. Had a great time meeting lots of new folks, introducing people to the Buckeye breed, and promoting it. Was able to meet some folks from online f2f for the first time. A great experience. There were a ton of Buckeyes exhibited, but EVERYONE seemed to be out in force. I've been to the ON twice before and this is the largest I've ever seen. They had to put the overflow (turkeys, ducks, and geese) in the building next door and have the sale area over there. This is the first time I've ever seen the birds double stacked - LF on the bottom and bantams up top. They had over 97,000 entries and if you couldn't find a breed to like, you just don't like chickens. It was a great show.

Don Schrider won both Best of Breed with a cockerel and Reserve of Breed with a pullet in the Open Large Fowl Buckeye.....about 70 birds. Sharon Fildes won Best of Breed in Bantam Buckeyes with a cockerel. Tanya Miller won Reserve of Breed with a cockerel -- 60 Bantams in the class of Bantam Buckeyes.

Great show and I also enjoyed meeting Buckeye breeders I have only talked to online.

Great showing of Buckeyes. Sorry for the delay posting, but I just got home.

Walt

I had so much fun at ON! It was so great to put faces with so many names. I realized when I got back home that I did not take pictures of anyone! I hope I will see you all at future shows and you will have to remind me to get pictures instead of just jabbering! I was so excited talking to you all - I just could listen to what you have to offer for days.I didn't even get a picture of my granddaughter when she got her trophy - I was so overjoyed I didn't think about pictures until after I got home! I had more fun than I have every had and I just love you Buckeye chicken people. I do have to admit, the Serama and Silkie people were nice too.All the show officials were so helpful it just made me feel great! I still need more help from everyone to keep making my babies the best possible.......

Back
Top Bottom