The Buckeye Thread

Pics
I am short on birds since my second trio of Buckeyes did not work out and my BLRW hatch is looking like only 3 viable. Does anyone know where I can get quality hatching eggs or chicks at a reasonable price from a disease-free flock? Yeah, I know I am asking a lot this late in the season. Some of the hatcheries still have them but I don't want junk stock for breeding. I am willing to go hatchery if someone knows of a decent line. I am not planning on showing, just breeding good quality birds.

CONTEST TIME!

How many Buckeye nuts are in this bowl? The closest three guesses win a genuine Buckeye nut from my grandparent's tree back in Ohio, sent to you via USPS.

You can guess from now until August 31st. PM me here for details (we are not allowed to post certain links to this thread.)

I have sent the correct number to Daniel Conrad via a PM because he already has one, and he can be the judge. (Note, these are older nuts and are likely no longer viable.)

CONTEST TIME! How many Buckeye nuts are in this bowl? The closest three guesses win a genuine Buckeye nut from my grandparent's tree back in Ohio, sent to you via USPS.

You can guess from now until August 31st. PM me here for details (we are not allowed to post certain links to this thread.)

I have sent the correct number to Daniel Conrad via a PM because he already has one, and he can be the judge. (Note, these are older nuts and are likely no longer viable.)
I love the idea for the contest! Each year The week before the Buckeyes first game, i take my girls to a special tree we found several years ago and we collect Buckeyes to make gameday necklaces!!

Not to stir the pot, but I finally managed to get a few shots of the feather stubs I had asked about earlier.

I haven't noticed them on any of my other birds so far, but I will certainly be keeping a close eye out before keeping any birds in the future. FWIW, we will not be keeping this cockerel. We were going to keep him until a few of the cockerels from the Mother's Day hatch were more mature, but since he went after my four year old yesterday we probably won't be keeping him much longer than what it takes for my husband to heal enough to be weight bearing.

Back
Top Bottom