The Buckeye Thread

Pics

These are my Buckeyes I got from Chris McCary yesterday! I went thinking I was just picking up a few chickens. The bonus was spending 3 hours learning about the breed, understanding differences with the backend structure for females and how it affects egg laying, coloring, standards, tips on showing, NPIP and just tons of info.

So I have two cockerels one for show and the other just because I loved his disposition but he was under 7lbs. The pullet is from pathfinders line and very sweet and pretty.

They ended spending the night in the bathroom as my waters spilled and I had some wet poopy birds when I got home. With the tropical depression pouring down and a 12 hour trip, yea. Ughh but all my chickens take showers when they get messy and I haven't had an issue. In fact most of then stretch their necks and flap and do the same when blow dried. It was just easier for me too.

Looking forward to growing my Buckeye flock and my first show!
You will Love Chris's Buckeyes! Both him & Laura are Great at helping people and both are very knowledgeable. You can put their birds up against any in the US and be proud. You will Love them!

Dan

Dan

I already love them! Spent three hours cleaning them up and socializing with them. The big guy isn't so fond of being picked up but by the end of the day....

Dan

I already love them! Spent three hours cleaning them up and socializing with them. The big guy isn't so fond of being picked up but by the end of the day....

Nice!! I would Love to have the opportunity to sit and learn from Laura or Chris! They are both always very knowledgeable, courteous, professional, helpful, and friendly. They always treat everyone with respect. I give both of them a Big Kudos! This Buckeye thread would not be the same without them.

Looks like you have him Luvin to snuggle!

Dan

Nice!! I would Love to have the opportunity to sit and learn from Laura or Chris! They are both always very knowledgeable, courteous, professional, helpful, and friendly. They always treat everyone with respect. I give both of them a Big Kudos! This Buckeye thread would not be the same without them.

Looks like you have him Luvin to snuggle!

Dan

I absolutely agree! I'm new here so all I want to know is how to do best by my birds. As you can tell they are already spoiled. I learned so much about chickens in general it will really help me with my flock. I agree whole heartedly that Chris and Laura has made me feel welcomed. I'm not afraid to use the wrong terms, ask a question and I welcome the advise. I might have to head up and see Laura next, her pullet has the sweetest disposition and is really pretty.

I absolutely agree! I'm new here so all I want to know is how to do best by my birds. As you can tell they are already spoiled. I learned so much about chickens in general it will really help me with my flock. I agree whole heartedly that Chris and Laura has made me feel welcomed. I'm not afraid to use the wrong terms, ask a question and I welcome the advise. I might have to head up and see Laura next, her pullet has the sweetest disposition and is really pretty.

Come on down! Or wait, up. Whatev. LOL...

Just turned around in my office chair and took some quick shots out the window. Poor boys, I called them and they thought treats would be forthcoming! LOL

And here's one stretching his wings, literally:

And this one is a little out of focus, but shows the nice head set of Y72 (although I wish he had a better comb.)

Congratulations, it's always nice to see one of my favorite breeds doing well. That ribbon looks to be almost as big as Sydney. How about a profile picture?

Back
Top Bottom