The Buckeye Thread

My birds were so excited this morning. Everyone was outside hooting and hollering about the spring feeling weather. The snow doesn't bother them one bit. It was 40 degrees at daybreak and they were raring to get some sun and digging in the mud.

Last edited:
Bloody muddy mess here right now. We sure go from one extreme to another. Buckeyes have been very happy playing in the mud and puddles the last two days.

Some really nice boys and girls from last years hatch I think will be ready to play in the show pens soon. Getting excited!! Between that and prepping for hatches it's a good spring so far.

Anyone else ready to play at the shows?

Bloody muddy mess here right now. We sure go from one extreme to another. Buckeyes have been very happy playing in the mud and puddles the last two days.

Some really nice boys and girls from last years hatch I think will be ready to play in the show pens soon. Getting excited!! Between that and prepping for hatches it's a good spring so far.

Anyone else ready to play at the shows?
I have been playing at shows for months, some one after another. About 15 in the US and Canada.

Sending prayers for a speedy recovery!
There was definitely a bit of a quiet, thoughtful sense around the show grounds on Saturday...when the word about Bob's accident began making rounds, it was clear that folks were very upset about the accident. There were some lovely Buckeyes at the show; although I don't know the SOP for them, but honestly they all looked very well conditioned, and they are definitley a handsome bird!

Back
Top Bottom