The Buckeye Thread

I have a buckeye hen that came with a group of chicks of different breeds. She is totally different personality. Always under my feet, climbing on me when I sit down, following me everywhere. I did nothign to tame her intentionally, is this normal with the breed? She is a charming little bird....

I have two 8 week old hatchery Buckeyes, along with my 3 EEs. The EE's are definitely funnier and a bit more active. But the Buckeyes are calmer and quicker to warm up to people. And they're already so pretty!

I have two 8 week old hatchery Buckeyes, along with my 3 EEs. The EE's are definitely funnier and a bit more active. But the Buckeyes are calmer and quicker to warm up to people. And they're already so pretty!

droolin.gif
Banty Buckeyes # 1 on my Bird wish list

Last edited:
Hello all...

I didn't have the time to read past the first few pages, but I have a quick question. I just received 3 Buckeye chicks from Meyer hatchery. Some one told me that if they don't have a stripe on their heads that means they are male. I ordered 3 females I didn't think they were a sex linked breed, but is this true?

Sorry for the total newbie question, but thought I would go straight to the source.

THanks,
MB

Hello all...

I didn't have the time to read past the first few pages, but  I have a quick question.   I just received 3 Buckeye chicks from Meyer hatchery.  Some one told me that if they don't have a stripe on their heads that means they are male.  I ordered 3 females   I didn't think they were a sex linked breed, but  is this true?

Sorry for the total newbie question, but thought I would go straight to the source.

THanks,
MB
I got 3 buckeyes that are now 11 weeks all are female. 1 was lighter but feathered out to be the darkest most beautiful mahogany. If I could get more of it I would. I have 2 more I just got and they have the stripes likey 2 "lighter ones" do. Let us know on the Meyers thread how they turn out

Back
Top Bottom