The Buckeye Thread

Good day to be a Buckeye :) .One of my buckeye cockerels won Champion American and advanced to Grand Champion LF. Sydney won champion American in the juniors with a RIR hen and advanced to reserve Grand champion LF. One of Sydney's Buckeye bantams also won Champion AOCCL at the EOPA show!!!

A huge Congrats to you and your daughter. It's one thing to take best of breed. It's another altogether to win grand champion large fowl. And to take two completely other breeds to champion row as well. I hear nothing but crickets from your naysayers.

This show is literally in Nettie Metcalf's back yard, Sydney and I are going to track down the location of the old Metcalf farm and visit it today. :) Figure that I'll bring the breed back to it's old stomping ground :)

These bantams are intriguing me, they received a lot of attention at the show this weekend....working with them is going to be a lot of fun. Sydney's 1st time showing them and she got one on champion row. Can only improve from there. I've yet to see many good ones, kind of reminds me when Sydney and I started working with large fowl buckeyes!! Skies the limit ;)

The buckeye cockerel ended up winning Reserve Super Grand Champion of Show!!! Beat out all of the bantams but got beat by a duck?!?! So that would make him overall champion land fowl :) great show great time!!

Last edited:

The buckeye cockerel ended up winning Reserve Super Grand Champion of Show!!! Beat out all of the bantams but got beat by a duck?!?! great show great time!!

Congrats to Shumaker farm. And a big thank you to Nathanael Medley for a great show. It's always nice seeing kids getting trophies and recognition when they deserve it! ;)

Last edited:
Yep it was a great show - I can see which of our Buckeyes we are going to breed together next spring - my granddaughter did a great job with a cockerel and a pullet - even Joe thought they might have some promise! So, the Bucks are coming home today to run around a little bit and grow more before Nationals!
Thanks to Nathaneal Medley for putting on a terrific show - wonderful location and lot of attention to details!

Back
Top Bottom