The Buckeye Thread

Ended up earning Reserve Grand Champion Large Fowl for the weekend. I'm really excited because my better cockerels are still finishing up. I also got my entries in for the Ohio National

Last edited:
Congratulations!
thumbsup.gif

I do that all of the time.....it's all good. When you really care about something....it's difficult to filter sometimes.

No worries Seminolewind. It's good to be passionate about bio security. If we breeders/hobbyists aren't concerned then big brother will step in and shut down the ability to have our breeding/show stock.

People need to think of the big picture and make sure they are not adding to the contamination of others flocks.

I pray I never see a case of Mareks on my farm and my birds don't contract it at shows. We can only hope fellow exhibotors will keep infected/carriers home so as not to transfer it all over the U.S. That is the big picture really. A exhibotor from Oregon who's birds don't have Mareks could come in contact with birds from Florida that are carriers. Boom the Oregon birds take it back to their flock and then the cycle starts there.

It sounds like big brother should add Mareks as a NPIP test in all states.

Ended up earning Reserve Grand Champion Large Fowl for the weekend. I'm really excited because my better cockerels are still finishing up. I also got my entries in for the Ohio National

Congrats Joe sounds like a great weekend for you. Keep it rolling and getting those beautiful bucks recognized for all of us throughout the U.S. who have show/utility flocks. The more who see them, then more will start learning and loving this dual purpose bird.

Back
Top Bottom