The Buckeye Thread

All pullets?!?! Wow!! Good for you :) makes breakfast easy to achieve. Have fun with them and enjoy this great breed of poultry....Bright red faces indicate actively laying females accompanied with great health!! Excellent job.....if you have any further questions....please check back here and ask.

It seems that the hatching season has just ended and in a short couple of months; there will be eggs in the incubator and dreams of raising the next generation of beautiful birds!! Breeding season is my favorite part of the year....I really enjoy watching the biddies hatch and mature into wonderful examples of the breed. Last year was a huge success. Birds reaching standard weights as early as 6 1/2 months old, great feather quality, excellent color....especially undercolor, broad heads, deep broad backs/breasts, outstanding health. Most importantly, the individuals for the selection process are plentiful and truly excellent specimens. The future of the buckeye on our farm is very bright!!

Hi y'all. My name is Ken I'm currently from Ravenna oh. I say currently because this time next year I should be living in the Carolina's raising buckeyes and Australorp's if all goes as planned. JoshU invited me to this thread, so I can learn more about the breed. I will have to take the time later to start at the beginning and read, read, read. I just recently joined BYC, but have been lurking and learning for quite some time. Once I get caught up I'm sure I will have many questions. Looking forward to learning from all u peeps.

Hi y'all. My name is Ken I'm currently from Ravenna oh. I say currently because this time next year I should be living in the Carolina's raising buckeyes and Australorp's if all goes as planned. JoshU invited me to this thread, so I can learn more about the breed. I will have to take the time later to start at the beginning and read, read, read. I just recently joined BYC, but have been lurking and learning for quite some time. Once I get caught up I'm sure I will have many questions. Looking forward to learning from all u peeps.
Glad to have you here......

Welcome to the thread, BuckAlorp! Feel free to ask as many questions as you like.

Welcome BuckAlorp, glad you made it over here. Peruse through the last couple of months photos and ask anything you like. We welcome all questions and also take a look at the link in my signature at the bottom of my post for the list of buckeye breeders to check out by the first of the year. You should have no problem getting chicks and starting a lifelong obsession with these wonderful birds.
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
Hello all. I haven't been on here in quite some time. The Ohio National is coming up quickly and I just wanted to check in and see who all was planning on attending. I know this group of people always have a great time there. We don't get to see each other often, but when we do it's always a blast. I'd like for us to have a bigger turnout this year than any year past. AND Josh and I will have matching shirts this year. I can't wait to see you all.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom