The Buckeye Thread

Hi, are there any Buckeye breeders around Arkansas that are selling chicks or hatching eggs right now?
Amy

Hi Amy. Jeff Lay may be talked into sending some hatching eggs. Most breeders have stopped hatching this time of year to allow the hens to molt and rebuild their stamina for hatching season.

I'll PM you information :)

Good afternoon Buckeye Nation. The buckeye club is going to have a table at the Ohio Nationals this year on Nov 7-9. The table will have someone at it the entire show. We'll have pamphlets covering the history of the buckeye breed as observed through Nettie Metcalf's eyes, items for purchase to support the club, as well as Buckeyes (that delicious little peanut butter treat) for anybody that enjoys the sweeter things in life. Stop by the Buckeye table and ask the ladies for Jeff or Joe. I look forward to meeting everyone that can attend the show.

Te repeat a policy stated in post #12 of this thread:

Folks, we've discussed this and are in agreement that in this thread, you are not allowed to discuss BREED CLUBS. NO acronyms, NO club names, NO links to breed club sites etc. If you are unsure whether a post you're considering making will violate this thread rule, PM a staff member...BEFORE posting.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS INCLUDES MAKING ANY REFERENCE TO A BREED CLUB OR BREED CLUBS.

Hello all buckeye enthusiasts :) Myself and other fellow breed enthusiasts will have a place at the Ohio Nationals this year on Nov 7-9. This years show is going to be a big one and I am excited to be a part of it!! There will be pamphlets covering the history of the buckeye breed as observed through Nettie Metcalf's eyes, as well as DARK red Buckeyes (that delicious little peanut butter treat but with a breed colored shell) for anybody that enjoys the sweeter things in life. Stop by and ask for Joe....I'll be happy to take the time with you to talk about this great breed!! I look forward to meeting everyone that can attend the show.

Last edited:
I just want to say a big Thank You to everyone at BYC and every single person who posted on this thread. The BUCKEYE has made a huge comeback over the last few years. It is people like you that are making this happen. Just normal people who enjoy this wonderful breed. No question is a bad question. Please continue to contribute pictures, experiences, and anything related to buckeyes(as long as it is within the rules of byc). I for one plan to have this breed on my farm until I can't walk out to "chicken village" any longer. And I plan to be here to help and learn right along with the rest of you until then too.

Oh and I can't wait for two more weeks until the ON. This is going to be the biggest show in the country this year. It's the 100th anniversary of the ABA. It's a big deal in the poultry world. Whether you are a Master Exhibitor, a new breeder, just a backyard hobbyist, or never seen a chicken in your life but like them none the less, this is the show to go to. We are going to have so much FUN!!!

Back
Top Bottom